JW Statistical Charts - 2011-2019

by Jehalapeno 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Just made a few charts using data from 2011-2019. Interesting stuff. Definitely not the charts you would associate with an organization experiencing healthy growth. The most interesting trend, in my opinion, is congregations.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I think you'll have to talk us through these for clarity Jalapeno; where? which? and what?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Peak Publisher Inc/Dec by year - This charts the difference of the year's publishers compared to last years. So if there were 7,900,000 publishers in Year 1 and 8,100,000 publishers in Year 2, the number charted would be 200,000.

Same for the other charts, just using the reported Average Publisher, Baptism & Congregation data.

Charting this info is useful for showing growth trends over time.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I know this is not broken down by country/region, but i suspect that if it was broken down that way, we would see different results. Nevertheless it's interesting to see how for example, the number of baptisms are going up, though I doubt it's in the West, since on any given assembly, there is only a handful of suckers.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    Nevertheless it's interesting to see how for example, the number of baptisms are going up, though I doubt it's in the West, since on any given assembly, there is only a handful of suckers.

Honestly, the baptism figures are all over the place. I wouldn't say it's trending up. It just shows that the baptism figure is flatlining.

Look at these numbers:

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Here are some more charts showing total numbers of the stats over the last decade.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Hmm, perhaps a slight increase overall.

Nevertheless, it's safe to assume the cult leadership will do whatever they can to massage the numbers in a way where they will look positive.

Even if they don't outright lie, they can simply decide which formula should be used to count.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    Hmm, perhaps a slight increase overall.
    I don't even view it as that. All things are trending flat or, in the case of congregations, down.
    Increases in average publishers and peak publishers are diminishing every year...they're at a plateau and if the diminishing trend of "increase" continues that trend, we will start seeing our first 0% growth over the next decade. I'd put some money on even seeing decreases in the next decade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit