Disfellowship

by justice34 9 Replies latest jw friends

• justice34
    justice34

Hello everybody,

I'm dealing right now with veru Extreme situations that most of us have been in this sect.

I've talk to the elders because i was smoking cigarettes and I stopped for a couple of weeks. The reason i did that because mamy things are going on right now in my life. I'm out, I don't attend meetings I don't want to do anything with them anymore but i live in a small community so i want to go out without giving attention to anybody.

The reason i told them what I'm doing because my wife is still one of them and other people learn of some other things i have been doing and i had to tell something for obvious reasons.

The elsers tho the haven't answer to me back in 2 weeks almost and today one of them called me to give me some information. He said that they cannot give me now their decision because they haven't agree on anything yet. He was asking when I'm back to the country because currently I'm not there. He said we have to discuss this closely not from zoom. And I told him i need an answer is being to long now.

I don't want to get disfellowship because i want to keep contact with family and aome friends.

What is your thoughts guys?

What is going on?

• Overrated
    Overrated

No matter how your slice it, they will Df you. I have seen it so many times.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

He said that they cannot give me now their decision because they haven't agree on anything yet. He was asking when I'm back to the country because currently I'm not there. He said we have to discuss this closely not from zoom

There's nothing you can actually do. The ball is in their court.

About the only thing you can do is prepare some sobbing, hysterical story😩 to tell the elders when you meet with them. And put some burden on them that entangles them legally if they add another burden to you.

You have to know how to word it for it to work.
  • FFGhost
    FFGhost
    I don't want to get disfellowship

Voluntarily confessing to a couple of elders that you are smoking seems to be incompatible with that desire.

That said, the cat's out of the bag now.

Your only hope would be to convince them that you are "truly repentant". This would involve lots of crying, appearing to utterly gutted about your "damaged relationship with Jehovah", expressing a strong revulsion to smoking and vowing to never do it again, and generally sniveling like a puppy caught with a half-eaten sausage in its mouth.

You mentioned you haven't attended meetings in a long time, so your act would have to be Oscar-worthy.

Good luck, sounds like you will need it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I've talk to the elders because i was smoking cigarettes and I stopped for a couple of weeks.

I`m afraid that was a big mistake and you will have a hard if not impossible task of undoing it.

But I think your goose is cooked ,sorry about that.

I wish you well ,and prove me wrong.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    j34 -I've talk to the elders because i was smoking cigarettes

There's your problem, you confessed to a bunch of self proclaimed cult slave herders.

I did that because many things are going on right now in my life. I'm out, I don't attend meetings I don't want to do anything with them anymore

It looks like you're more mentally in the cult than you think because I can't think of anything that would urge a confession to these low IQ goons. Perhaps if I knew your situation it's make more sense. On the surface of it I just don't get it.

Don't tell these thickos anything. They probably can't find out anyway.

This has confused me, I must say.

They have the whip hand now, don't give them any more ammo.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

From personal experiences, with JWs, the less said the better off you’ll be.

• Gorb
    Gorb

A friend of us was smoking, got a commitee and died the same day because of a heart attac, of the extreme presure.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It would appear English is a 2nd language, so I'm wondering if you are conveying things accurately.

If you mean that you smoked tobacco for ONLY two weeks (vs you said you STOPPED for two weeks), you might have a chance. Claim depression from stress.

However, if what you originally wrote is correct -- that is you have been smoking for months or years and you just stopped 2 weeks ago after being "found out", then you are fucked. But, you might be able to be reinstated if you kiss ass for about 6 months and convince them it was a stress related slip back.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

This fellow shipped

This fell low sheep

This fellow shipped sheep

not 7 times but 77x7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit