Gift giving

by ab.ortega 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Whenever we had the C/O visit or a special speaker at an assembly, etc. I used to give the "brother" or couple a thank you note with some cash. Also did it with our tour guides at Bethel branches. Is this common worlwide? Did you ever do it or see it done?

I feel like this was somehow expected. Especially after every C/O visit.

Would like to hear personal thoughts on the topic.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Search "green handshakes" on this site.

• freddo
    freddo

Why not get to the meeting early and unseen quickly pin an envelope with a card in it to the KH noticeboard with instructions written in big letters on it for it to be given to the C/O.

The COBE or another elder will see it, take it from the noticeboard and give it to the CO who will likely put it away to be opened when he gets home.

When he gets home he will open the card and you can have anonymously written:

Dear (name)

I wanted to write a few lines to say how much I appreciate your self sacrificing attitude for the brotherhood and how encouraging your visits are. Sadly this is not true. How you can promote the support of an organization which fails to report child molesters to Caesar and promote the support of the risable doctrine of "overlapping generations" that saw 1914 is beyond me!

Therefore instead of giving yet more dollars to a representative of a cult that lives off of members donations anyway I have sent $100.00 to a more worthy cause.

Yours truly,

An anonymous member of your circuit.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Thanks neat blue dog, found very interesting conversations :)

freddo, I like your idea.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

No matter what they say, the likelihood of appointment goes dramatically up as soon as a brother donates to the travelling overseer!

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I like the idea ab, The only thing I would change about it would be to include some Monopoly money and some of those plastic coins from the toy section.

Great post...

TB-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit