If all the world were JWs....

by Tornintwo 41 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Tornintwo : In my former indoctrinated state, I used to yearn for a time when all the world would be jws.
    But hang on minute, let's just think about what the world would be like if everyone was a jw,
    First of all, no higher education, so no medical advances, no scientific research, no modern day medicine, infectious disease rife, no doctors, no engineers, so no modern day comforts.

Not sure where your located Tornintwo, but where I live (Sydney, Aust) my recollections are that we thought we were going to become very highly educated.

We would discuss, what it would be like to be personally taught by YHWH and his sidekick who of course are superlative scientists (just look at the Universe - but not too hard, please).

There would of course, be no need for modern medicine, as our human bodies, gradually restored to perfection, cast off all their imperfections. And perhaps no need for engineering as we would be taught how to live in perfect balance with nature.

So what were YHWH and sidekick Jesus going to teach us? Aha, nothing less than the secrets of creation - the pure science behind the physical universe. How I used to long for that time, to be in whatever class (as in a school) Jesus (in his Proverbs 8 role) assigned me, and learn from them, until I could say ... "Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine. (Prov. 8:14).

Oh! what wonderful dreams we had, as we smoked the opium pipes of this religion !!!!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

If all the world were JWs - we would be using leaves to wipe or butts, riding horses instead of cars, building rafts to get across rivers, mashing papyrus to make paper.

By the way - not 1 invention by any Jew or Christian in the bible.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**If all the world were JWs -**

Essential things like Doctors would be non existant.

• blondie
    blondie

Some actually think there will be direct communication and direction from heaven....but in fact it will just be "invisible" and men on earth will continue to say it is God's word with no way to confirm that or oppose it if it obviously is.

I never could get an answer how we could tell someone was perfect.....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If all the world were JW's I would kill myself for sure.

Full of self-righteous, judgmental, non-thinking, people who have no concept of what Truth and Justice, and above all Love are ?

NO THANK YOU !!!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**Full of self-righteous, judgmental, non-thinking, people who have no concept of what Truth and Justice, and above all Love are ?

NO THANK YOU !!!!**

The pompous,pious narrow-minded & dogmatic ways of the JWs is almost stifling.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Kingdom songs all day and every day, happy people so happy it would drive you bat shit crazy.

There would be meetings every day to replace the door to door work. And what other

fun activities would be in store for the young, pin the tail on the lion. No good gossip going

around and where will you go to take a break from all the fun, a bullet to the head maybe.

• brandnew
    brandnew

I would totally have an arsenal of firepower on hand, cuz we all know....hee hee....dubs cant bare arms☺

Yeah so good luck tryin to stone me.......dont bring rocks to a gun fight😈😈😈

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Question, laws of the land. Will they revert back to laws in the Bible? That would be a

great place to live in for men...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Good point. If the world all miraculously converted when the Watchtower started publication in 1879, we'd basically be stuck in the 1800s. All just miserably waiting for the new system to arrive, but without the benefit of anti-depressants that JWs are so reliant on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit