If all the world were JWs....

by Tornintwo 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

In my former indoctrinated state, I used to yearn for a time when all the world would be jws.

But hang on minute, let's just think about what the world would be like if everyone was a jw,

First of all, no higher education, so no medical advances, no scientific research, no modern day medicine, infectious disease rife, no doctors, no engineers, so no modern day comforts. I wouldn't be sitting here speaking via Internet to people on the other side of the world, there would be no internet! Etc etc.

How about you, how would you envisage this world if everyone were witnesses?

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire
    If everyone were witnesses I think that the GB would let totally loose and form an oligarchy dictatorship in which they would rule the world like power hungry gods. Disfellowshipping would be abolished. Instead, dissenters would be executed by their "brothers", and oh yes, let's not forget their households would be executed as well.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    This is just about the best post ( and point) I have read on this forum, and there are many incredible posts but this simple point should be made to all ' in ' JW. ' s.They would retort with no war and lots of houses being built!! I wonder what the org would get the minions doing now there is noone to preach too...must keep them busy busy..so..what would they be doing? Aside from the meetings & study?
  • Landy
    Landy

I remember reading a write up once of life after armageddon - it was quite funny - I'll see if I can find it.

edit - http://www.4witness.org/what-about-life-after-armageddon-is-over-a-personal-diary/

• FindTheLost
    FindTheLost
    Does Stepford Wives come to mind?
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

No war but instead everyone dying of cholera, malaria etc, stuck in the dark ages with a life expectancy of 30

and I agree with heartsafire, it wouldn't take long for stoning to come back in to 'protect the clean people'..

oh and no Sport to watch on tv, in fact no tv! And what kind of sex lives would we all have? omg I think my zealous jw husband would kill himself. I wonder if they all say thank you Jehovah every night for all the worldly people helping to make their lives so safe and comfortable.

• Cangie
    Cangie
    It would probably be like living under Sharia law...
  • LV101
    LV101

"If all the world were JWs. . . ." SHOOT ME NOW!

It is a dictatorship and North Korea.

I have to admit there was a time (after brainwashing from their litteratrash magazines) I thought if only the world were all honest, loving, accepting of all like this group. I was, obviously, naive and stupid!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Landu I have read that excellent story and believe me it sent a shiver down my spine, very realistic.

The premis of the story is that SOME type of catastrophe has occurred, we are not told whether natural, man made OR divine...and the main protagonists don't know either. But guess what?its not long before 'those taking the lead'start to assume complete control over the JWs they can find (not to mention the few 'worldlies'that confusingly still seem to be alive). Needless to say these elders start bumping off people they believe have slipped through Jahs net or dubs not towing the line..,very scary and oh so realistic.

if the world was full of only dubs they would assume Armageddon arrived invisibly and they should impose theocratic ' standards'immediately - for standards read bullying hierarchy and unloving nitpicking whilst the rest of the world goes to hell in a handcart - no medicine no school no essential services no books and worst of all no desire to increase human knowledge and achievement.Back to the dark ages for us......nightmare scenario if ever there was one!!!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

look on the positive side:

no shortage of window cleaners

no more door knocking-----or literature carts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit