Dr. Laura

by Me.Wonderful 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Me.Wonderful
    Me.Wonderful

I am been a big fan of Dr. Laura for years. Not saying that I always agree with her and I do realize there is an entertainment value to her show. Generally I do have conservative values and I do credit her for me not pulling the plug on my marriage , or at least till the kids are gone. The kids come first as I put up with the Watchtower bullshit.

The other days she has a caller and its a 10 year old girl. You can tell she is being coached by her mother in the background. The girl goes on to tell Dr. Laura that when I visit my father, he doesn't allow me to practice my religion. You can tell at this point the parents are divorced. Dr. Laura goes on a tirade telling her that this is America and you need to see an attorney and its time to cut your father out of your life.

I was ready to lose my shit. You have no clue you dumb dingbat. Just disappointed I guess.

Has anyone ever heard her say things like this ?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

How even listens to this skank any more, she is a dried out old hooker.

• titch
    titch

Ahhh, yes, Dr. Laura. Where can I begin. First of all, and this of no consequence, I have met her on one occasion, when she appeared with one of her fellow radio talk-show hosts, namely, Bill Handel, at a shopping center in Costa Mesa, California. . That was in 1993, However, back in the late 1990s, around 1998 or 1999, there was an article in "Vanity Fair" Magazine, about her. The article brought out issues that showed how much of a conniving back-stabber that she was with regards to many of her fellow radio hosts on Radio Station KFI, which is in Southern California. Now, I am a licensed Amateur Radio operator, and one of my many friends in Amateur Radio is a gentleman who was, at the time---late 1990s---a Broadcast Engineer at KFI and its "sister stations." After reading that article in Vanity Fair, I made it a point, the next time that I saw him, to ask this fellow Ham if he had read the article in Vanity Fair, and whether any of it was true or not. He told me that he had read the article; he said that there were a few "inaccuracies" in the article, BUT---for the most part---it was true. FOR THE MOST PART---THE ARTICLE WAS TRUE. So, go take on the day---or, go do the right thing. Or, do whatever you damn-well please. Best Regards

Titch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit