How to shake up Jdubs...

by Rather Be the Hammer 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

i didn't attend the meeting last night, but my IN husband came home and was quite shocked because there was a letter announcing that there will be no WT-library cd-rom any more, and....

no more calendar.

he said there was a lot of talking and noise when that was announced.

I didn't expect the calendar to go, by the way. And my husband sounded really concerned, talking about how society is cutting down. I love it when he says with a tone of surprise in his voice: 'You were right, now they want us to do everyting digital, and throw out the printed stuff.' 😁

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No calendar? They really are cutting to the bone.

The library can be downloaded online so that's less of a surprise.

They will have very little left to print. Soon they may abandon printing themselves entirely and print the few remaining stuff with commercial printers.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

They will have to change their name to the Watchtower B-movie and Theatrical Schmaltz Society.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

According to thier last report the jws are loosing 250k per year that's a lot of people in let's say a decade. How long can they loose this many and not be hurt big time financially , so it makes sense that thier cutting back and selling off .

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Hang on, no CD ROM either? I must've missed that. Can you download that online, or are they making everyone use the "online research tool" which is so substandard compared to the CD-ROM .

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

With very little if any literature to place how much longer before official online witnessing is all the rage?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"According to thier last report the jws are loosing 250k per year that's a lot of People"

I think you must have done some serious misreading of the YB. The number is increasing.

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

Wait. No more CD Rom? I heard about the calendar, but not this. The online watchtower library only goes back to 2000, while the 2015 Watchower library CD Rom goes back to 1950. I highly doubt they'll update the online library, so they would really be limiting old literature, which is ironic because they still quote magazines from the 90s in the Christian Life and Ministry Workbook. Of course, if you're using the app, it gives you that small quote so you don't have to look it up. It's clear that they are discouraging reading old light.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm not sure about the membership numbers, and you can't trust what you hear from the platform. Geeze, things are always INCREASING in JW Land, even when they are not. Membership is in a constant state of flux, but compared to the increasing world population, it's growing smaller.

The online library exists for one reason, and one reason only, information control. They can "adjust" and "update" beliefs at any time, and rest assured, they have no problem going back and changing an article. They have done it with magazines, they will sure as shit do it online.

Calendar??? Who needs a calendar when the world is ending? OOOhhhh...maybe the fabulous GB are trying to give us a hint?? We don't need any more calendars....

DD 😈

• freddo
    freddo

Isn't it that this year's (2015) library is on DVD not on CD? So the CD is not being produced but it is on DVD.

Next year will be interesting ... I see the on-line library being the only thing soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit