Apostate Changes?

by Blind_Of_Lies 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Hi All,

Long time no chat.

Was there some sort of change recently in the guidelines Cult HQ lays out on how to handle inactive apostates?

A week ago my wife and I, again, ran into a woman who I see about once a month at the grocery store. As recently as last month this person stood directly behind me in the checkout line and refused to even look in my direction. She actually stood sideways and stared at the ground the whole time we were in line. Two days ago, three weeks post-convention, this same person put her hands of my wife, called her by name and asked her how she was doing, what was going on in our lives and my wife had no idea who she was lol. I am not DF'd, I am well known to be an apostate by anyone paying attention and don't deny it. Soooo yea. This week when my wife asked who she was she replied "Im your sister" yea... as if lady.

Anyway, similar encounters took place at Walmart a this week. In one instance an elder who works there and was coming out of the store as I went in walked across two rows of cars to sayd "hi, how are ya, nice to see ya" in the past he has gone to such great length to avoid me in teh store I actually considered complaining to his boss when he refused to help me.

My parents tried to start a study with me the week after they came back too.

WTF are they upto folks?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Maybe they are trying to stealthily get access to your apostate insider information. They can finally tell how whacked and twisted that it truly is. I think the last assembly would make the die hards LESS accessible to a known apostate, not to soften up to them. EIther that or they LOOOOVE you so much that they can't bear to see you on the other side of the door not knowing the secret knock. It could be either thing, I guess, but organizational loyalty would not allow either reason.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    Was there some sort of change recently in the guidelines Cult HQ ?

Just more of the usual fear imposed onto people to stay and be loyal to Jah because their lives depend on it.

Only people loyal to Jah will be saved was the core focus of this summer's Assemblies.

People who have left or inactive are deemed evil and unloyal, so to shun these ones shows their own personal loyalty, therefore any new or stronger shunning by JWS is to be expected and assumed.

It pays to reflect that JWS are mentally controlled by the WTS GB leaders, this cant be misunderstood or not realized.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Yea despite being publicly Athiest and having had the "I don't believe in god and I don't care what you think" talk with my parents, aunts/uncles, grandparents and several cousins... my dad still asked me to check out jw.org and watch a stupid drama about the importance of being loyal to Jehovah.

The look on his face when I cough/lauged. Yes Papa, the athiest will be moved by a low budget film on loyalty to your immaginary friend"

LOL

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So what you're saying is now thier nice to you and talk with you? I would think after the convention the exact opposite would be in order.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Maybe they are trying to stealthily get access to your apostate insider information

That won't do any good without one of our official Apostate® decoder rings.

• steve2
    steve2

"So what you're saying is now thier nice to you and talk with you? I would think after the convention the exact opposite would be in order."

I agree with Crazyguy's comments. If anything, the latest regional convention should have made the JWs more likely to shun inactive or disfellowshipped ones. Just goes to show!

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

The reason I ask is that there seems to be some wishy wash on how to handle people like myself who simply dropped their books and walked away. I won't meet with them, I won't attend meetings, I openly mock them on social media and in public and I am not shy about calling them a cult and pointing out the problems with their belief system starting with Jerusalem didn't fall in 607 BCE and working forward.

My parents insist the way they are supposed to treat us has changed/improved in years past.

Another example, my wife deals with the public at work. The week before the locals went to the convention the wife of the elder I mention above came into the establishment my wife works and acted like she didnt know her. The woman was at our wedding. Anyway, she spent several hours within ten feet of my wife and talked a lot about the upcomming convention but never acknowledged my wife....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jws are known to act erroneously on their own, one thing that's unique with this cult is that they are trained to pick out OPPOSERS , talk about them and shun them when they come into physical contact with them.

From what I've been seeing lately the WTS has Trumped up this social behavior most likely in relation to all the recent bad press concerning the organization's Pedophilia problems, opposition spread all over the inter-net and so on.

So yes the JWS religion has gotten more cuiltish , understandably so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They definitely don't want active JWs talking to faders...

...because if they did, they might find out why we faded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit