Child Sexual Abuse in the Catholic Church is in decline.

by Lost in the fog 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The number of child abuse cases in the Catholic Church is in decline apparently. Is the same thing true in the WTS?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/do-the-right-thing/201908/top-10-myths-about-clergy-abuse-in-the-catholic-church

• Giordano
    Giordano

I think his reasoning and numbers are somewhat self serving. Be it 3% or 6% the damage is far more important then the act itself. Since the 1980's things have improved? No way.......... as we learn about more and more abuse.

Trust issues be it a JW , a Priest, Rabbi or family member is a serious part of any physical abuse. The body can heal but what about the brain?

Going back to the Catholic church it has allowed it's priests and nuns to sexually abuse children for well over 17 hundred years. Shame on them and anyone who looks away.

And apart from Jesus throwing out a bone "do not hinder the children coming to me!" That idiot said nothing about sexual child abuse nor slavery which certainly allows for wide spread sexual abuse.

For a high percentage of actual child abusers it's an un-treatable disease.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

It's priests that everyone looks at abusing children in the Catholic Church. No one talks about the amount of abuse actually happening by its parishioners. Take that into account and you are talking about 100 times a scandal. For the average JW case, or in other denomination, it is a parishioner that is the offender. All other religions in comparison to the Catholic Church pale in comparison when it comes to child sexual abuse. I know first-hand. There are some priests that have sexually abused 300, 400, 500 kids. It's sickening and surreal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit