The greatest movies ever made.......

by The Rebel 6 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

And they were amazing, 8 years of my boy growing up captured on a few films I once made.

The past is of course not the only thing to look forward to, but as I watch these movies I see so many acts of love and so many perfect times that I had forgotten.

So my question is do you have " the greatest ( photos) or movies in your collection" that you may have neglected?

If so my Xmas present to you is, take them out the drawer and dust the cobwebs away.....

The Rebel.

• Listener
    Listener

In the 60s my father had bought an 8mm camera. Each film was about 6 mins long, no sound and b&w. He took a film once or twice a year as it was expensive to buy the film. They've been transferred to a DVD.

Hubby and I hired a VHS recorder a couple of times when the kids were younger and couldn't afford the expense of buying one in the 80s. There was a toy b&w camera being sold in the toy shop which was fairly cheap. It connected to the TV and VHS recorder and we used that for years. The picture and sound was great and we were able to capture the kids on it as they were growing up.

Photo's are good but having the film brings back the memories so much that you feel you are living those moments again.

Thanks for the reminder.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Yes film is amazing " Listener" . My boy is 10 now, and looking back on films I made which started at his birth, I realised I have captured his first words on film, a voice that became the adventures of his imaginary friend " Molly". This year also had many wonderful moments but none of them captured on film. Maybe capturing it on film isn't so important, when it's in the heart? but the films I made of my boy growing up are now my most treasured " material" possession. They may even in the future be viewed by my boys children's, children someday.....so in my opinion " The greatest films ever made" should be made and then not left in a drawer never to be viewed again.

The Rebel.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I love old family films and videos! The videos you take today will be treasure family heirlooms one day when you're long gone and your kids look through them.

After my folks were gone, my sister and I shared the cost of having all of their videos transferred to DVD. The original VHS tapes are pretty fragile, so it's probably not a good idea to play them very much. But the digital copies on computer and DVD make it very easy to watch them anytime and anywhere and share them with other family members too. I'm in the process of putting them in order, editing out the bad spots, and making an index to the major scenes so we can find exactly the one we want without a bunch of searching back and forth. As each one is done, I post it as Unlisted on YouTube and then share the link with whoever I think might be interested. It's a great way to share family videos and pics without having to burn DVDs and mail them out.

I'm doing the same with all my folks' 8 mm films. I transferred those myself by taping them on Hi8 as they were being projected into a small device with mirrors made specifically for this. Then I converted the Hi8 tape to digital using an adapter and software from Elgato. Now I'm using iMovie for editing and enhancements before burning to DVD or sharing on Facebook. It takes some time, but it's well worth it and lots of fun to do. I've already found lots of family gold in scenes I never knew existed.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Listener & under the radar, thanks for the replys.

We are very lucky to have these personal films that give meaning to our existence,

Yesterday I watched with my boy now 10, year 4 of his life and It meant so much to hiim, as he saw himself laughing hysterically at Buster Keaton and Laurel and Hardy. How in a temper fit he completely wrecked the kitchen and as I filmed the mess he kept saying " stop filming Mike save the battery" whilst trying to fix mummies flowers that he had destroyed.

Most importantly my films have made me realise that each day has many special moments, and very few of those special moments are captured on film.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I am looking forward to capturing the look of disappointment on my boys face as he opens " Fifa 2006" .....of course I also have wrapped up for him " Fifa 2016".

Merry Xmas one and all, and hope to see you all next year.

The Rebel.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Merry Christmas! I don't have any movies of our early years but quite a lot of old photos. Today I combed through them and scanned them for posting on Facebook. It was a very fun project for a quiet Christmas Eve and I got calls saying the daughters and grandkid enjoyed seeing grammaw's Santa visits and then their own. So then I posted every Christmas related photo I have.

Thank you for the good idea, Rebel!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit