Exactly where is the expansion?

by NeverKnew 24 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

There is a thread that I'm really enjoying discussing the consolidation of congregations into existing Kingdom Halls.

I'm realizing that the only threads that have spoken of building were related to branch offices.

We know the WTS's consolidations and reopening a are a shell game of sorts but I'm wondering... Is anyone seeing an INCREASE in Kingdom Halls in their part of the world?

I'm not talking about replacements. Flat out new and necessary buildings to accommodate growth.

They can TELL people that building is happening in 3rd world countries. But is it?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The last one around my area that I'm aware of was built in 2002. My father-in-law was high up on the local RBC and used to be out working on something probably 2-3 weekends a month, but lately hasn't had any work. Even when he was busy, it was all remodels/replacements. Interestingly, his being less busy seems to have coincided pretty closely to them "forgiving" the loans.

In short, my answer to your question is "not here."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Exactly where is the expansion?

....................Check My Waist Line.............................I`m Much Fatter Than He Is!..

Image result for jw.org broadcasting..Image result for jw.org broadcasting

....................................................I Like Ice Cream!..

............................Image result for jw.org broadcasting

• loneranger
    loneranger

CO in our congregation in central Florida recently said congregations will expand in pubs or consolidate where need be.

Not a move afoot to divide larger congregations because new KH are not being built at the present time. Last newly built KH in this area was about 2002.

• mamacita29
    mamacita29

I'm sorry to barge in on your conversation but I only want to say that in my current hall there has not been any growth in the past 2-3 years. I'm located in NY. Any newly interested persons simply replace the ones like myself who wake up and leave. And if the quality of the newly interested ones is any indication of what the future of the JW organization will be then I can say it doesn't look good. We had 6 new publishers over the past year and I'm not exaggerating when I say they are illiterate.

In my previous hall where I grew up in Florida there were two kingdom halls built on one lot because back in the early 2000's they were growing. There too the growth has stalled and slowly people are waking up and walking out. David Splane's explanation of the overlapping generations did it for me and both my sisters. I remember hearing something about it back in 2011 but I didn't even know it was a new teaching at the time. Only until the JW Broadcasting video of David Splane last year did I fully understand how ridiculous this new teaching is and that it has nothing to do with the Bible or God. It's nothing but another attempt to cover up their failure. But worse still is because of this new teaching, I was hungry for knowledge which lead me to research everything. I came to the conclusion that this is not God's organization. I was misled for 29 years.

• kramer
    kramer
    Apparently in the UK the LDCs have worked on 65 new builds, and 183 refurbished since the committee's inception - according to the recently produced video
  • OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn
    Reporting from NYC. Caveat that I don't know what the landscape of Kingdom Halls was before, but I was speaking with a woman a few months ago and she told me about her "new" hall. I don't know if she meant new, as in newly constructed or they just happened to renovate it. But I do know that that it is in a poorer neighborhood of New York (yes, there are some). If it's actual new construction/purchase, I can still see how it works to the Watchtower's advantage to build in lower income areas-- 1) people are looking for a hope or are possibly less educated; and 2) the property values are a little cheaper (for now). I really hope it's just a revolving door and no actual growth, but I'm still very sad that some are still getting caught in this web.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

In my use of the word expansion to have anything meaningful to say about the JW Org it would have to be an increase in active JW's.

They claim annually that this is happening, if it really is, then it would seem it is not in the 1st World countries, in any significant numbers, they are not keeping pace with the population growth in those countries, so are becoming a smaller percentage of each nation.

In the 1st world countries all that is going on is a shuffling about of people as they sell K. Halls etc. plus the baptism of born-ins, at least a third of whom will leave.

If any growth is only happening in the 3rd world, then that will only cost them.

"Glorious expansion" is not taking place.

• sir82
    sir82

In my corner of the world, as elsewhere, there is no "expansion".

Lots of people moving in & moving out, but aside from JW kids being guilted into baptism, there has been a grand total of 2 (count 'em! 2!) "disciples" who have baptized in our congregation in the past 10 years.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My closest JW friend was an RBC Overseer and was on a "quickbuild" at least one weekend per month. Although the RBC is a thing of the past, I would think those in oversight and those with building trades experience would still be involved, but nothing. Nada. At least 5 or 6 small Congs have closed and had the KHall sold in the past couple years with the Pubs being dispersed to neighboring Congs. All the Congs that were "temporarily" meeting elsewhere as they looked for a new location, are now permanently at their temporary location. [oxymoron?]

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit