Latest awake on JW.org

by aboveusonlysky 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

The latest awake (no 3 2020) on JW.org is just breathtaking, it's about prejudice and gives the following 3 examples which I will one by one attemp to debunk.

Awake - Some employers have mistakenly believed that women are unqualified for scientific or technical jobs.

Erm... women are not only forbidden from elder or m/s appointment, they're not even considered qualified enough to adjust the height of a brother's microphone, you were saying?....

Awake - In medieval Europe, Jews were falsely accused of poisoning wells and spreading disease. During Nazi rule, Jews were again slandered. But this time they were accused of causing the economic crisis in Germany. Both cases resulted in the Jews becoming victims of extreme prejudice, some of which is still evident today.

This is gold!, So here's what an earlier version of the SAME MAGAZINE had to say during Nazi rule....

"Be it known once and for all that those profiteering, conscienceless, selfish men who call themselves Jews, and who control the greater portion of the finances of the world and the business of the world, will never be the rulers in this new earth. God would not risk such selfish men with such an important position" The Golden Age 1927 Feb 23 p.343

No comment needed really, let's move on....

Awake - Many people wrongly conclude that everyone who has a disability is sad or bitter.

Okay, that seems quite an obscure one to me, my guess is that the giant rafter in the eye of the Awake writers made it difficult to come up with a third example of prejudice, anyhoo let's check out what the Bible says about people with disabilities.

Lev 21:16 Jehovah continued to speak to Moses, saying: 17 “Tell Aaron, ‘No man of your offspring* throughout their generations who has a defect may approach to present the bread of his God. 18 If there is any man who has a defect, he may not approach: a man who is blind or lame or has a disfigured face* or one limb too long, 19 a man with a fractured foot or a fractured hand, 20 a hunchback or a dwarf,* or a man with an eye defect or eczema or ringworm or damaged testicles.t 21 No man of the offspring* of Aaron the priest who has a defect may approach to present Jehovah’s offerings made by fire. Because he has a defect, he may not approach to present the bread of his God.

It's knockout stuff from the book the Awake writers claim has the answers to permanently end all forms of prejudice! My guess is that law in Leviticus would give any poor Israelite with a disability good reason to be sad or bitter.

JW.org, it's clear from your teachings that you yourselves are dripping with prejudice toward anybody that doesn't buy into your apocalyptic nonsense, now get back in your bunker and leave the battle against prejudice to those who are qualified to fight it.

Just saying

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I'm reading this to the Mrs...First Gen wants to know, "If a sister gets a strap on can she adjust the Mic?"

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

I don't know but at least the discussion would be more interesting than the usual elders meetings 😂

• dozy
    dozy

Good spot.

The comments about prejudice against Jews are somewhat ironic , considering Judge Rutherfords disastrous "Declaration of Facts" in 1933. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Facts

It says , in part:

" It has been the commercial Jews of the British-American empire that have built up and carried on Big Business as a means of exploiting and oppressing the peoples of many nations. This fact particularly applies to the cities of London and New York, the stronghold of Big Business. This fact is so manifest in America that there is a proverb concerning the city of New York which says: 'The Jews own it, the Irish Catholics rule it, and the Americans pay the bills.' "

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This sort of post is what keeps me coming back to this site. Thanks aboveusonlysky nice name by the way. Excellent observation, expertly rebutted.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Very good post.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I wonder what made them change their opinion about the Jews.

• Splash
    Splash

Just to add to your first comment:

Awake - Some employers have mistakenly believed that women are unqualified for scientific or technical jobs.

Golden Age (previous name of Awake!) 1937 27/1 p.259-260
    "God made man to perform the most intricate and difficult tasks in life; his wife to be a help, suitable to her less exacting sphere. It is no reflection upon the fair sex to record the simple truth that the finest surgical work is done by men. ... At Sanford, Maine, is a factory for the making of the finest, most costly, most luxurious velvets... No woman has ever been able to qualify for the job."

• fulano
    fulano

Apostatethunder.

I don’t k ow it that is the reason but there are quiet some Jewish last names higher up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit