Satanic statue

by unsure 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unsure
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Go Satan!!!

I agree with their sentiment 100%. If the State Capitol allowed them to put up a display then so be it.

The State would need to be more specific next year about having only Xmas decorations if that’s what they want. This would mean that the Menorah would have to go as well.

It would be unfair to allow a non-Christian/non Xmas Jewish display, but exclude the Satanic display.

DD

• Roddy
    Roddy

I don't like it. Maybe there are satanists out there. But I think this was done by atheists (who don't believe in Satan anyway), perhaps with satanists as allies, done not to push satanism but to annoy Jews and Christians. Leave it to the atheists and satanists to be the killjoys of someone else's party.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I did some reading and the State is under obligation to allow temporary religious displays, so it appears that any religious group could have added their own display.

Here is my question, “Who’s more of a Killjoy than the Jews? They don’t believe in Jesus or Xmas, so why are they allowed to display at Xmas time?”

They can display at another time of year as well, if we want to be fair. Also, I watched more videos of the same subject and the slack-jawed yokels who hated the Satanic display were entertaining.

DD

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Why is that statue killing your joy Roddy?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sorry Roddy but most atheist could care less about doing something like that. Most atheist respect what others belief. What I have seen is the hatred other religions have towards those who don't believe in a god. Matter of fact most celebrate x-mas as a secular holiday. Most know where the true orgins of Christmas came from. Take care and have a great hoilday. Still Totally ADD

• Roddy
    Roddy

Jews have been quite tolerant of Christmas. Why can't satanists and atheists be more like the Jews? :)

• Roddy
    Roddy

I beg to differ. Perhaps the militant atheists are few in number anecdotally but they are the ones that gets out to stir the pot. I guess because they can?

• unsure
    unsure

In this particular case, I don't think it's stirring the pot. To me the statue is not overtly offensive and as a former Jehovah's Witness, completely agree with the sign on the front of the statue says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit