Two types of congergatoions

by JimmyYoung 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I am not say this is all and it all fits nice into this box but the congregations I went to would all fit into them. The first type is the old school. This type is very conservative old school. They follow the rules and even go beyond in being restrictive. The other type is the hippies who turned JW. I have been in a few of these. The elders were old stoners and their wifes were old hippie chicks. Anyone else see congs like this feel free to add a class.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I think you nailed it. Of course some are mixtures of the two, but from what I've seen the latter is the majority.

• waton
    waton

The atmosphere at the top is often shaped and shamed by super egos.

The new amalgamation throws new characters together. novel throes.

Then there also is the jezebel factor, the quiet ( my husband ignores me at his peril) and the powerless, but vocal blabberesses of wt doctrines at the meetings.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yes I have experienced the same two and one or more inbetween.The more liberal ones were a helluva lot better to be in than the conservative ones .At the time I couldn`t believe the contrast in congregations ,they were almost like a jekyll and hyde of the religion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The biggest bully on the BOE gives the congregation his personality.

• LV101
    LV101

Oh I miss it so - gag!! I never realized so many were "old stoners" and "old hippie chicks." Some messed up people inside those pathetic looking hell holes along with some very kind, upright, model citizens. Re-hippies --I can't imagine - must have been nice to have lead a life of no responsibility and commitment to school, work, etc., for a phase of one's life. How the hey did anyone have time in life to be a hippie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit