What do you know about Tartarus?

by raymond frantz 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Sometimes a word can change everything and this is the case here with a word that appears only once in the Bible but reveals so much about the powers of darkness, the influence of Greek literature on the first apostles and finally and more relative to 1the intellectual dishonesty of the Watchtower when it comes to presenting information from extra Biblical sources.So if you like stories about the fallen angels and hollow earth stay presented from an exjw perspective watch this video

https://youtu.be/ZuV6zsUnTCI

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Although the kingdom of Hades was the place of the dead, Tartarus was where ferocious monsters and horrible criminals were banished, or where the gods imprisoned their rivals after a war. The three judges of the Underworld, Rhadamanthus, Aeacus and Minos, decided who would go to the realm of Hades and who would be banished to Tartarus.

Source: https://www.greekmythology.com/Other_Gods/Tartarus/tartarus.html

Like Hades, Tartarus is further proof of the influence of the Greeks on the Israelite belief system. Just as the Persian Zoroastrian religion influenced the Israelites into believing in a monotheistic religion and it also gave us Satan.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I really like Tartarus with fish, fried oysters, fried clams, and shrimp.

• blondie
    blondie

Sigrfrid, I thought the same thing. :)

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

It's all Greek mythology to me. Due to me watching a movie about the Titans (and later reading about Greek mythology about the Titans), when I think of Tartarus I think of the mythology which says the Titans were cast down and imprisoned. As a result when I now read (or even just think about) 2 Peter 2:4 I see it as another piece of evidence that much of the Bible is mythology (God tales that are false) and other false ideas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit