Inactive ones talk... some lies I noticed

by purrpurr 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

The brother giving the Saturday"inactive ones helping them to return".

He said, this year the society has been making an effort to contact all inactive ones.

And also... the elders visit all the inactive ones at least once a year

BS! Totally BS!

Also he said that if any of the flock make contact with an inactive one they must tell the elders immediately. Hmm? I wonder why?

• Saename
    Saename

We had the convention about a month ago (which I didn't attend.) I'm surprised I haven't been visited yet, even though I haven't been to a single meeting nor field service in a long time...

• Listener
    Listener

There is so much information on TTATT available these days and inactive ones don't have the fear indoctrinated into them like current JWs.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

utter lies but of course its what we expect, I wonder what sort of time limit there is though in contacting these folks?

• Divergent
    Divergent

The brother giving the talk at the RC I attended didn't mention those things, so I don't think that was from the outline...

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The brother giving the Saturday"inactive ones helping them to return".

He said, this year the society has been making an effort to contact all inactive ones.

And also... the elders visit all the inactive ones at least once a year

BS! Totally BS!

Also he said that if any of the flock make contact with an inactive one they must tell the elders immediately. Hmm? I wonder why?

They don't want to talk to people who are (a) aware of what's really going on there, (b) angry and mad at the WT for what they do to people's lives, particularly those born in, and (c) are doing better after leaving. It really is challenging to try to convince people to go back on top of the rest of responsibilities. They don't get paid for any of it. So my guess is that they look for every possible excuse to skip talking to some people, and they go talk to one or two who they figure don't pose a risk to them.

They have absolutely no interest in helping anyone. That's for sure.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SCRATCHME:

I'm in all three categories. You might be right that they are not interested in talking to people who are aware and who have grudges.

Over the years I have given a piece of my mind to certain JWs I have met in stores.

The conversation starts out nicely enough - then I let a few things "slip out"...I leave on a friendly note....I'm sure at the next gathering the JW tells all their friends who they met in the store, etc. I'm sure it reaches the ears of the eldurrs, who don't know me because I've been out so long.

I doubt very much if they'd want to talk to me. I think they would be afraid to. They couldn't refute anything I said about my experience there and I would make them sound like an ass. They would give the usual tired nonsense about "imperfection" and how it's a "brotherhood". I'd tell them it was no brotherhood when I was avoided because I worked full-time.

Better they speak to somebody who has no knowledge of the Witness religion.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said longhairgal!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

The OP is a good warning for people interested in joining the JW's to never become 'active' in the first place! Once you join, you will never feel like you are free again. It's like the mafia. Seriously, folks.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

When I went to a few meetings this past winter, two elders told me, "Call us if you need anything." Neither gave me their phone number! They seemed shallow and insincere.

Sister Pushy and and Sister Biddy knew what apartment complex I was living in, but not which building. Still, they had my cell number. No one has called me to get my address and see why I stopped coming to meetings. The elders could've asked Sister Pushy for my number to follow up, but haven't. Not that I'm complaining! 😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit