Awake magazine 1980 -Movie "The Exorcist" caused demonic possessions and murders!

by Witness 007 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake 12/8 p.11 "Since the release of the movie the Excorsist some years ago many reports are on file of the adverse effects on those who saw it...Mareen was an atheist who went to see it saying it was the most terrifying thing I had ever seen. I was shaking all over. During the coming weeks I was frightened to go to bed. I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING IN MY HOUSE AS I COULD FEEL IT WITH ME WHEREVER I WENT...I knew a family of Jehovahs Witnesses and jumped at the chance to study with them...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake 1980 7/ 20 p.21 "Exorcist 2 was shown on T.V with a mother in Texas and her 4 year old watching it together...one scene shows the the cutting out of a girls heart to get rid of the demon. The little Texas girl was found murdered the same way. Her mother was charged with homicide." (So demons came out of these films and caused havoc!)

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

wishing there was a laugh button along with the like and dislike buttons...

• Terry
    Terry

I left Jehovah's Witnesses 6 years after THE EXORCIST was released and I saw firsthand
    how Watchtower leaders jumped at the opportunity to exploit fear and loathing in JW's from that date forward.
    The power of suggestion was devastating.
    Suddenly the organization was filled with anecdotal gossip about DEMON ATTACKS and a crackdown
    of a superstitious magnitude you would not believe was commenced.
    Anything and everything became suspected of DEMON possession.

Books were burned.
    Yard sales were out-of-the-question sources of items that might connect you with a demon.
    It was bat shit crazy.
    I began to see evidence that many (if not most) of Jehovah's people were LUNATICS filled with
    superstitious fear.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Demon-mania and the Satanic Panic of the 1980s was a huge part of my childhood. Now the truth comes out. The whole thing was a lie to hide the sins of those crying "witch!"

• Biahi
    Biahi

My elders went on a witch hunt to find out which teenagers had seen this movie. I had not seen it till I got married, many years after I left “da troof”. It was okay, not really that scary to me. There were teens who got in trouble for seeing it, so silly.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I seen the movie over a hundred times. Loads of Laughs coming from Watchtower. Just their Bullsh!t.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

And in the late 70s conservative religious ministers would teach that Satan put backwards messages in records and that KISS stood for Knights in Satan's Service.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Foolednomore - "I seen the movie over a hundred times...."

"...and it keeps gettin' funnier, every single time I see it!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit