So what are you doing...

by JeffT 7 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

...while under house arrest sheltering in place?

I'm editing a (non jw related) novel I hope to self publish soon. I may be making an announcement about that in the near future. (The actual near future, not the JW near future).

I just finished a 1/700 model of a Japanese battleship, I'm starting a 1/72 B-25 (the plane Doolittle bombed Tokyo with). I read "Midnight in Chernobyl"- I highly recoomend it. I'm now reading a novel about - of all things- an outbreak of plague.

I'm chewing through movies, mostly old classics, on "on Demand." I expect to hit Amazon for more books and models soon.

I hate yard work, but I've been trimming shrubs just to do something.

Which Japanese battle ship? The Yamoto?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I love yard work, I have been spending heaps of time outside and given my very limited social life nothing much has changed for me.

There is a massive native and fruit tree nursery that home delivers plants Australia wide, I’ve been doing my bit supporting the local economy and staying isolated with my plants.

I miss sports on the tv though, without doubt the hardest adjustment I’ve had to make.

• JeffT
    JeffT

@1234

Musashi. Although I have Akagi, Kongo, Fuso and some little stuff in the collection. I had a pickup load of the old box scale kits when I was a kid, I got back into it a few years ago.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I've been finishing up a couple of paintings I started a while back. The first one is my own composition and the second one I copied looking at the label of a wine bottle I had.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I've finally got out to do yard work. Piles of invasive weeds and overgrown plants.

But I've also started my art again. I'm close to retiring age but probably can't. But it really makes me wonder why I'm working for boss that I have when I have not a lot of years left to actually do something I like.

Hahaha sort of like being away from a cult for awhile.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Are’nt you the creative people!

Me, I have just been sitting at home, watching some tv, reading some books and old magazines, sat outside away from people whenever I could and playing the net of course. .......looking forward to when it ends.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I've been busy working on our Off grid property that we purchased a couple years ago.
    It's nice with this quarantine to be able to go out to it and be away from other people for the time being until this covid-19/corona virus thing ends.
    Even though our main residence is tied to the power and water grid I'm so much happier when we get out to the off grid property(7+ acres) that has no power lines on it or water meters etc. So much peace,serenity and tranquility out there.Getting back to nature and seeing all the wildlife out there has been such a refreshing and invigorating experience.
    The fresh water springs coming out of the mountain side has felt so regenerating to my aging body. Even on the hottest of days that spring water stays cold.Wish we'd got that property back when i was younger so we would have had more years on it.
    Guess better late than never I suppose.
    Hope all of you are staying safe during this pandemic and may you all have good health.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit