DNS Issue (Problem Accessing Site)

by Simon 6 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

If anyone had any issues accessing the site over the last 24 hours or so, I finally tracked it down to a DNS issue that was affecting users of Google DNS in certain zones. The issue was caused by a rouge DNSSEC entry left by the registrar (GoDaddy) when they did an update which caused some DNS lookups to fail.

Hopefully it should be fixed now but may take a while to ripple through to everyone due to caching.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Simon, for figuring this out.

Just now able to access, Northern California. I don't understand the terminology, but I can Google it.

Gratefully . . .

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Now able to log in from Connecticut, USA. Thanks, Simon!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Oh My, this gave me a realization I have been making this site a bit more of a habit than I should! I felt quite upset when unable to access! haha Nothing like a timely reality slap in the face.,

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m back in..

Thanks Simon!..

Much appreciated..

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Glad it's fixed, I was going through JWN withdrawal.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was Sleepless here in Seattle and couldn't log on to the site last night . I found myself imagining all sorts of things as to what was going on. Remembering how they like to mess with us apostates, I chalked the whole thing up to Deee-mon activity....that was always the go-to explanation for all unpleasant and mysterious goings on, back in my JW days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit