Fade Fail: Not as Easy as I'd Like

by Hadriel 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I feel your pain. Since learning TTATT, it can be miserable at times to keep up the charades.

All my much beloved relatives and some close friends are hardcore, super involved in all things JW. The only thing that has helped me out is that there are quite a few that hubby and I hang out with who seem to either know TTATT as well but do not talk about it. It has become a "don't ask, don't tell" type of atmosphere where we have really nice times but no JW stuff is brought up.

Let's say, the commemoration will be here in a few days, all we talk about is where will the eating place and hang out be afterwards.

Finding kindred spirits has helped me manage my double life.

DY

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Kinding hoping for a severe ailment or something ha ha.

You could stop hoping and claim a burnout or something similar. Noone can say you don't really have it, and you can politely back out of your responsibilities.

You know... Every brother with responsibilities is urged to make sure his family and his own spiritual health are put before his congregation responsibilities. Find those quotes and use them to your advantage ;-)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think many of us overestimate just how much of an effect our disappearing off into the sunset will have on the congregation and also how we will be missed. Sure there will be an initial flurry of gossip and questions as to your spiritual fitness, but if you just keep acting like "I'm ok, what about you how are you doing" whenever you see someone they soon stop asking, lose interest and look elsewhere for more juicy gossip.

They actualy give up on people very quickly these days, so hang in there and think of it this way.

Your association with the congregation is a like rock being thrown into a pond - it may make a splash, even create a small ripple, but then it disappears without a trace of ever being there at all.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Perfectly said Sparrowdown!

Very accurate!!!

Yes, once the break is made, this becomes so true:

"If your absence doesn't affect them, then your presence never mattered"

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    Well said @Sparrowdown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest