Fade Fail: Not as Easy as I'd Like

by Hadriel 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

LOL what "jump up and down naked" wait where is that I have to know.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Check out that other thread I linked to. It gives many interesting quotes. wts was completely wackadoodle back then. Sure, they don't believe that stuff now, but they claim they have always been jehoho's super special people. If that's true, why did they believe that nonsense? Was jehoho smoking crack back then or something?
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LIEU:

You are spot on about why they want a new JW to give up their non-JW friends and relatives! They want to isolate and separate in order to control you.

If you are isolated you are trapped and it is very difficult to leave.

I PLANNED my "fade" in advance and knew what I had to do in preparation: I rekindled old contacts. Since I had very few JW friends it was no problem and no real loss for me, anyway. Others might have it harder depending on how popular, involved they are. It would certainly be harder but not impossible for somebody with a "position" there.

Fading is hard but it can be more successful if a JW carefully plans in advance. Nobody said fading was perfect but it works for many ex-JWs!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hi Hadriel,

It sounds like you've still got responsibilities in the KH. One suggestion I saw once was to start being incompetent at your tasks.

This is really hard if we have a good work ethic. But it beats lying to people everyday. Some elders learn TTATT and continue serving because they enjoy the power and responsibilities that come with being elders.

My daughter faded without any consequences such as bad reputation but she still lost her friends. This is what happens.

Others just learn TTATT and stay in for good. They are just trapped by their families.

Sorry to hear you're struggling hope you find a solution that best suits you and your family.

Kate xx

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hadriel
    a month ago

Yes Really. After meticulous research here are the documented scientific pronouncements of the WTBT$

“Air baths are good for preventing colds. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while.” Golden-Age Feb 1926 pg 310

“Color and Physiognomy.....a man whose nose upturns can no more be expected to administer justice than a pug dog can be expected to act as a shepherd.”

Golden Age Jan 19 1921 pg. 224 (Later the Awake Magazine)

“Vaccination never prevented anything and never will and is the most barbarous practice......We are in the last days; and the devil is slowly losing his hold.........Use your rights as American citizens to forever abolish the devilish practice of vaccination (which) has never prevented smallpox any more then serum injection has prevented typhoid.........” Golden-Age Oct 12 1921.

• “It has never been proven that a single disease is due to germs.” Golden-Age Jan 16 1924

(This was a dozen years after medicine had proven bacteria and viruses caused most diseases)

(Speaking about the resurrection after 1925) the writer suggests the following in TWTP pg 228 on how to recruit decorators to redecorate the homes that would now be available.)

“You will have secured the services of the best decorators you can find. Some of them used to be undertakers; but since there are no more people dying, they have to seek some new occupation. Their experience as undertakers prepared them to become decorators with very little difficulty.”

(After maintaining that there would be ‘no slip ups’ about the importance of 1925 the Society backtracks telling those who were greatly disappointed that....... “Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925..................The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imagination beyond reason......”WT Aug 1 1926 pg 232

“Pastor Russell....discussed the mysteries of.......mental telepathy, mind reading and women’s intuition.” Golden-Age Feb 15 1925 pg 332-3\

The Flood may have been caused by all of the other planets being on one side of the earth simultaneously. God may have inserted the “youngest” planet Neptune on the other side to act as a gravitational corrective to make sure it cannot happen again!’ Golden-Age Jun 16 1926 pg 583

“Human footprints seven feet long found in California.” Golden-Age Jane 13 1926

“Disease (is caused by) fermentation and heat.........not germs. GA Aug 25 1926

“....current agitation over birth control (is evidence that) the ‘New Age’ is at hand.” GA Apr 7 1926

One under Demon Attack should calmly.....investigate his house and household articles. In some few cases the house may be the cause of trouble and the best thing to do is move out.

The Watchtower December 15, 1966, p.742
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have a hard time being dishonest, so I feel your pain. But honestly does not compel us to say all truths, only to not say things that are untrue. Your thoughts are your own, you are not compelled to admit them. Can you think of some ambiguous statements that you could respond with that would maybe give a hint of your true feelings (but obviously nothing that would be considered apostate or that you would be called on ).

Like if someone says "The governing body is really looking out for us" you could say "Yes, they make sure we always know what we are supposed to think about things". It's true, but is a fraction more honest than they usually admit to.

Or answer a question with a question "Hmm...., Do you really think so?" .

Or just a non committal "hmmm, I suppose so".

Sometimes lack of confirmation could do more good to help people along in waking up than open confrontation. These people have been conditioned to think a certain way, contradicting them would not only out you, it would cause their fears of apostasy to kick in and become fearful, so not help them out at all. You would be doing something much more insidious.

You could think of yourself as a double agent, working to subtly undermine the organization, but without getting caught. It's not easy to do, it's a very fine line you would be crossing here, but it might make you feel better about yourself, that instead of letting people continue on with their delusions you are helping them wake up, even if ever so slowly.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Stuck: Priceless!
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was fading I felt terrible. Like all of us I hate hypocrisy and at that time I was as big a hypocrite as they come... up on the platform telling them things that I no longer believed.

I was laying groundwork though, first at home , telling family that I was spiritually low, "The truth does not gel with me any more" ... They knew I had issues with the other elders so I let it be known that it was getting me down.

I told the P/O that I was "down" "depressed" "feeling lacking" etc . They did not seem to care, as long as I carried on taking the items ...

Eventually enough time had passed to make my resignation credible . After some debate with the C/O I was "Off" . Yippee!

Once back as a rank and file publisher nobody cared what I did so my service record dwindled to inactivity without comment. At home we had some lively debates but now I am left alone , a lost cause they feel.

My point is that it does take time but that is the only way to preserve your homelife. We are all different so play it as you see fit. Good luck.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The core problem with JWS and the WTS. is that it was developed upon ignorance by poorly educated self absorbed men. Their teachings were then propagated to other men who embraced that imposing ignorance as bible truths or objective wisdom..

This also includes biblical theology, many doctrines that were created by the WTS men were inaccurately devised ie. blood transfusions, which unfortunately caused the deaths of thousands as a result. Never under estimate the damage one can inflict upon humanity through inherent human ignorance which has been postured and presented from virtuosos divine inspiration.

Fading can be easy removing oneself from the JW religion when you are earnestly seeking the truth, noting the ignorance and lying corruption which built up this religoius publishing house.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

As to responsibilities just really quick I can't say what because it isn't a typical one. So essentially if I suddenly backed out there'd be a huge ripple effect as it would be rather noticeable. Kinding hoping for a severe ailment or something ha ha. But that's the deal in case anyone is wondering.

I need to get over it. That's the bottom line and all of your comments to some degree or another suggest such. What I mean is whether for some there was a hard cut or others a slow fade the common denominator here is to do what is best for you and your family. Essentially I need to quit caring about the rest of it.

I think it is honestly the only way to get my sanity back. Think I'm forgetting that the most important part is my family and keeping peace and happiness at home.

To @BluesBrother's credit think he makes a good point here "preserve" that home life and happiness.

To @KateWild thx means a lot u posted. appreciate it.

To @LisaRose your posts are always well thought out and articulate I always appreciate them.

Thanks in general to everyone really, read them all. Funny I'm not the needy type at all as it generally goes but this whole ordeal is literally kicking my ass.

Honestly in years past regardless of the JW aspects just support groups in general, I'd make fun of them. It isn't so funny anymore. Seriously I'm not sure how I'd cope some days without chatting to a couple strangers here who have no clue who or what and still are so damn genuine. Really is something special I tell ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit