Hello

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Look at the Jensen letters.

Brother Jensen sent them several honest letters concerning the blood doctrine.

You can see how they responded over years. It's an eye opener. I think the link to these letters won't work. So you can search on google for them.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/105593/jensen-letters?page=1&size=20

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/blood_-_jensen_letters.html

I think this link will work

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I think this link will work for you to see these letters.

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/blood_-_jensen_letters.html

• zeb
    zeb

In addition to the above consider this. If you do write they will want to know or they will guess which cong you are with and the elders will be told and you will be marked as a 'murmurer' some sort of trouble maker.

If you get a reply it will be as described and signed with a rubber stamp. No individual will commit themselves to an answer.

• WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM
    WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks ever so much for all your responses. I very much take on board everyone's views and fully respect them. I just now strongly feel as desire to write my thoughts and feedback to the Governing Body as feel is is right to do so.

I have written one letter already and am about to send. I am using my name, but not my name if that makes sense...to conceal my identity. I am also giving an email address they can respond too.

I want my letters to be seen by all on this forum so that honest genuine lurkers who deep down know things arent right can understand why I feel the way I do as most on this forum feel. Who knows what kind of ripple affect these letters will have

They (the Governing Body) have made many changes over a short period if time. They are now also being forced to change their policy on safeguarding in the UK and Australia. I find it sad that they have to be forced to do this by the Authorities.

All of this gives me hope that they will listen to constructive feedback from people who genuinely want to see change and to stop the harmful effects of some of their policies and teachings.

My aim is not to destroy peoples faith, but make improvements by encouraging reform.

Thanks again everyone

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I admire your aims and enthusiasm, but why try and reform a high control cult like group?

The best "reform" is to leave...

As is often said on this forum, "the best revenge is to live a happy and successful life"

• dozy
    dozy

In Franz's books , he spoke about the process and mentioned that letters to the Society are answered by non GB members who basically reply according to a template letter from the Bethel Correspondence Guidelines ( which were leaked a while ago - just google for them ). If it is anonymous it will probably go straight into the bin or ( if electronic ) will be deleted - you won't get a reply.

None of your information will go to the GB & frankly they don't care what the rank & file think. They aren't interested in "constructive feedback" or , indeed , any feedback. The only external factors that makes them change policy are financial or legal changes and challenges. 

• sir82
    sir82

Who knows what kind of ripple affect these letters will have

I do!

I know exactly what "ripple effect" they will have.

None.

You'd waste less time tilting at windmills.

• dozy
    dozy

Save yourself some time and watch GB member Geoffrey Jackson's performance testifying at the Royal Commission. Here was a great opportunity for a GB member to take on board feedback from a comprehensive program and investigation designed to protect children chaired by a judge. His whole attitude was one of contempt towards anyone who dare question him ( especially a women lawyer).

He was asked if he had seen or watched any of the previous testimonies , including the JW elders being interviewed. Answer - NO.

Was he going to change anything? Answer - pretty much NO.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Hi WFWTR

Good luck with that! I think you're wasting your time, I'm positive that, they know and have had closed doors meetings about their failed doctrines, inhumane dealings like shunning and how to deal with the rank and file leaving, (damages control). One measure they use to minimize damaging information is rewriting there literature, who do you think is behind that? Disfellowshipping & Shunning isn't so much to keep the congregation clean but to eliminate those that might expose their lies and questionable history. Silence the opposer, eliminate the information.

You can't be under the impression that they don't know anything is wrong, that perhaps they have been deceived or are innocent victims themselves? Those type of letters serve one purpose, to keep the janitor busy emptying trash bins. You will have better success writing to Kim Jong-un, apparently he's holding 25 million people captive.

Welcome to the forum and good luck

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555
    Looking forward to reading your letters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit