Hello

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Irish Dame
    Irish Dame
    Welcome to the forum WFWR! Look forward to reading your replies from wt org.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome WFWR ,not meaning to be disrespectful ,you are either young and naive or old and senile.

Identifying you want to reform the WT in a letter automatically marks you as an apostate and any letter you send will go straight in the dustbin , no GB member would ever see it.let alone consider it.

Haven`t you been keeping up with Jehovah`s Chariot ? The GB have a direct link with Jehovah and Jesus Christ , what is their to reform .

While ex JW`s can appreciate the points you make , the GB ? no way.

smiddy

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    A big hello and welcome from me too.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HELLO WFWTF:

During the time I was a Witness (I barf when I think about it), I wrote several letters to the religion. They weren't all angry. Some were asking questions about various things. I think only once I got what passed for an intelligent answer that showed that somebody at least read my letter.

Responses to my other letters were condescending or patronizing and/or did not even address important points I raised in my letter to them. The answers seemed as some sort of generic "template". This made me angry as it showed laziness on somebody's part. Why answer at all if you're going to do this? I didn't bother anymore which MAY have been their intended result, since they are not interested in anybody's opinion.

Of course, I found out they inform the elders in the congregation.  Didn't care.

This, among other things, explains why I was viewed negatively. I laugh about it now.

If it will make you feel better to get things off your chest, then write. But, it won't change anything. Only lawsuits and money compel the religion to change anything!

As another poster said: the best "reform" is just walking away from the religion! Another empty seat in the Kingdom Hall may speak more volumes than any letter can!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome to the site.

Wanting reform and fighting for it is noble. It can also be cathartic for a time.

Please stay on the board if things don't change the way you feel is fair. We all understand what you want.

Best of luck

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit