Hello

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 34 Replies latest jw friends

• WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM
    WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM

Hi Everyone,

Just to say a big Hello. I have been reading this site for some time now and have been very unhappy with some of the things emanating from watchtower head quarters in New York. The final straw for me is the upcoming watchtower study this weekend encouraging us to shun our own family members (our own mothers if need be) if they are disfellowshipped....a step too far for my liking. I will be periodically actively writing to the Governing Body to ask that they change their harmful teachings, policies and rules affecting so many people today. I will post my letters on this site to show what I have written. It is encouraging to know that many more are doing the same. My hope is that change happens soon. A small pebble in a big pond perhaps, but every little helps.

Thanks for reading everyone and Hello to you all again.

• cofty
    cofty

Hello WFWR.

Welcome to the forum.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Welcome.

Why would the Governing Body listen to anything you have to say, when they have a record of doing just the opposite for decades who have done the same?

Will you identify yourself using your real name and congregation when you write to them?

I look forward to reading your letters.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Welcome
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Welcome! We look forward to hearing more from you.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum WFWR

It used to be that the WTS instructed its followers to shun family members only if they pose argumentative threats or verbal opposition to the faith of the JWS, calling it spiritual endangerment.

Now days they are instructing its members to shun other family members who were once JWS or not, even if they aren't being oppositional to the faith or argumentative.

This is evident by people here who come to realize that their children or parents wont freely talk or associate with them irregardless of their social interaction. .

The WTS just made a bigger and wider wall around its members.

One might guess that this may have partially come about because of the notably false doctrines which the WTS has made in the past and therefore they are getting paranoid of loosing some of its supporting members ???

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hi WWR, I admire your enthusiasm and yeah if everyone wrote a stern letter every now and then it may cause a few chuckles around the morning worship table at Bethel.

I myself don't believe WT can be changed it has to be stopped so my wishful thinking is for a takedown rather than reform. Even a slow unraveling will do me.😇

Welcome to your life, there's no turning back.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Welcome WFWR! I left the organization knowing there was no way I was ever going to shun my adult children. I knew things were heading down that road nearly five years ago, and now we are here. We can only hope that even more people will choose to live the life they have here and now with their loved family members over living in fear of a judgementall, punishing God. You are in good company here.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM:

Welcome. I'm not sure what you know or how much you've researched. There have been many people who tried to enact reforms or share info with the Governing Body. They were labeled apostates and promptly DFed.

I encourage you to read Crisis of Conscience if you have not already.

• stillin
    stillin

Welcome, wfwr,

I have written to the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses several times over the years. I don't get much back. Often I get poorly proofread and semi-illiterate, pompous, but oh-so-loving notes which mostly "encourage" me to stay close to the congregation shepherds, who are also dolts.

The family is Jehovah's most obvious " arrangement." Who do they think they are cutting into families like they do?

I haven't written that letter yet. Why waste my time?

Hope to hear more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit