"Even if it isn't the truth, it's still the best way to live"

by Simon 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• violias
    violias

Heard that many times , along with "If this ( jws) is brainwashing, then good, I want my brain washed clean..." or some such crazy thing to say.

Many jws are just there b/c of the social club.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    "Even if it isn't the truth, it's still the best way to live"

People just say this when they don't want to continue the conversation. They don't really think it's not the truth. They know your mind is made up and any further discussion is pointless. It's just a less confrontational way of saying "I'm done with this conversation".

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    No religion for our family. I am so happy to be able to get home after my professional occupation and enjoy my family, without worrying about how I appear to people at a lame ass congregation. Now my kids have the opportunity to take their time with homework and we can be support for them. I remember being stressed and pressured to go to meetings and get home late. No time for homework, I stayed awake many nights until 2 am or more doing homework because we had book study or mid-week meeting that lasted until 9 pm. I would ask brothers at high school if they had time for homework, and they used to respond that they half assed it because it did not matter, the system of things was ending soon anyway. We used to stay after the meeting until 10 many times to brown nose by helping in the cleaning of the hall or helping at the literature department. All bullshit and a nasty way to live while being judged by everyone. Not a way to live.
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

talesin,

(in a crackly voice, lifting a crooked finger) ... "Brroootthhhers...."

*covering my ears and running from the auditorium*

😱

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Denying yourself the ability to be a whole person is the best way to live?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit