The three categories of reality

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Before I start out let me tell everyone I'm an atheist and have been since I first started seeing the bible was not the word of god. If someone asked my religion today i would likely answer Daoist which teaches balance and non-action of events or to put in modern language 'go with the flow man'

That being said I have over the last decade started catering certain beliefs and facts into three sections.

1. The Known. This basically we call science even if it sometimes makes no sense (Ex. Entanglement)

2. The False. Such as Creationism or Resurrections of the dead.

3. The Unknown. This is a careful section. If one was for instance to try to include and afterlife here I would counter by saying only IF that is not contradicted by science. What this means is Atlantis might or might not have existed or maybe their are aliens in this galaxy just as intelligent as us. Or maybe we live in a simulation. Note that every single one of these doesn't change your life or morals.

The ones that JWs believe in #2 do make the enslavement and blood transfusion and poor education a side effect. Category 1 does change your life too actually. But almost always in a good way. For instance If your smart enough not to be a flat-earther then you note going to imagine that the navigator in your car is of the devil.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Or as Donald Rumsfeld said:

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones.[1]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit