Internet restrictions

by goddidit 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• goddidit
    goddidit

I'm trying to locate an article from one of the JW publications. Not sure which one, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me locate it. Something along the lines of "we do not read their [apostates?] websites/forums". A bit vague I know.

Thanks.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

This link is from the 2011, 7/15 Watchtower. The 7th paragraph sums it up.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011524

7 What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add our comments to their blogs. Why do we take such a firm stand? Because of love. We love “the God of truth,” so we are not interested in twisted teachings that contradict his Word of truth. (Ps. 31:5; John 17:17) We also love Jehovah’s organization, through which we have been taught thrilling truths—including Jehovah’s name and its meaning, God’s purpose for the earth, the condition of the dead, and the hope of the resurrection. Can you recall how you felt when you first learned these and other precious truths? Why, then, allow yourself to be soured by anyone who would denigrate the organization through which you learned these truths?—John 6:66-69.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit