Apathy carts in NoCal

by kaik 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, kaik, for the memories.

I went to school there, came into the truth there, and placed my first Watchtower and AWAKE! in Twin Peaks. I "made" 50 cents. No carts -- we hadda climb hills, knock on doors, ring doorbells. You know, the old-fashioned way!

Far out experience, Twin Peaks . . . Tony 'hood.

CoCo

• kaik
    kaik
    I just thought it was funny that there will be several apathy carts in per one metro station. All of them seemed to be served by middle aged while folks, or folks that could be in early retirement. No youngster nor 80 pioneer with foot in the grave. They seemed busy in Powell station as they were stroking conversation with passerby.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Correction: I think it was 20 cents (10 cents the copy in the '60s).

CC

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I have been on my travels, Latvia, Poland, Bratislavia and seen " Apathy Carts"

In my own country, when I see an apathy cart, I find I can receive J.W literature on what the " Bible teaches" but bibles are not available. Therefore I have concluded:-

A) Maybe the N.W.T is now only available in limited edition?

B) Or maybe the N.W.T doesn't really teach what JW.ORG teaches, and says the bible says?

Anyway trying to establish the identity of those maning the " Apathy Carts" is usually a challenge, but normally I have noted they are the people standing 6 ft away from the " Apathy Cart" drinking Starbucks coffee and talking amongst themselves.

The Rebel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They have several apathy trollies in my city. Usually they are different languages. The amazing thing is......nobody is slightly interested. No one ever approaches them and if you do happen to see a magazine that isn't on the trolly, it's discarded and on the floor being trampled on by shoppers.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    The Rebel, I got a bible from them , I just asked and they told me to come back the following day and it would be there, they kept their word.
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr

In my cong the apathy cart is placed outside the hall... on a road where no one ever walks past! So the jws just stand there chatting and drinking tea.

What a fine witness (!)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    they keep moving the apathy carts in my town after probable repeated warnings from the railway management and the management of the small shopping precinct to move , they are situated across the road now exposed to the elements the small shopping precinct was partly undercover, no doubt they never asked permission to be on the land of the shopping precinct or the railway and were rightfully moved.
  • Incognito
    Incognito
    compound complex7 hours ago

Correction: I think it was 20 cents (10 cents the copy in the '60s).

I recall, 5 cents each, 10 cents for the pair here in Canada.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I recall, 5 cents each, 10 cents for the pair here in Canada.

Thanks, Incognito! I remember the event (placing my first pair) circa 1967, but obviously not the price. You're correct.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit