Royal Commission into Charitable status .

by smiddy3 3 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Australia has in the last few years conducted a Royal Commission into child Sexual Abuse In institutions ,the Banking Industry , and now Aged care facilities .

I think its about time they had a Royal Commission into organizations that claim charitable status and eligibility to receive benefits/funding whatever.

I`m sure that if they ever did WTB&TS/Jehovah`s Witnesses would never meet the criteria to receive it.

As they do no charitable work in the community.

If they do any charitable work at all it is only to benefit only Jehovah`s Witnesses who they consider are in good standing in the JW community.

And isn`t that discrimination ? Not only among their own people but also the whole community ?

Or is it just wishful thinking on my part ,and its not going to happen.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I quite agree Smiddy. A while back the. Charity Commission did look closely at them over the child abuse scandals but seemed satisfied when they issued the latest set of guidelines to elders.

When a Secretary, I recall filling in Charity tax refund forms and the reason for our charitable status was simply that we existed to teach the Gospel of The Bible. That was enough ,it seems.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That`s pathetic BluesBrother you would think at the very least they should be able to demonstrate with deeds and action that they provided practical physical and or monetary support one way or another to the wider community than just teaching the Gospel of the Bible.

• LV101
    LV101

So the filthy JW cult skated around the RCC? I'm not surprised -- that's been their lucky charm for decades. So much for caring for the children and victims as the gospel covers everything/gag me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit