This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    Jehovah's Holy Spirit is proof, conclusive, convincing evidence, certainty- which is what proof is all about - Fisherman

The holy spirit does not exist either.

You can't use one imaginary thing to prove another imaginary thing. That is literally ridiculous.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    Cofty: The Cyclops is proof that Zeus exists. Don't you know?
  • cofty
    cofty

It might be good to do a summary of evidence for god that has been offered so far.

I mean an honest objective one as opposed to a sarcastic one, however much fun that would be.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

This comment is in no way meant to be sarcastic.

Here was the criteria I set out in the OP:

Criteria:
    (1) You must specify which God you are talking about;
    (2) Evidence presented must be verifiable.

Here's a summary of specifying which God they were talking about:

Many didn't specify which God they were talking about. Most that attempted to meet the criteria talked in abstracts about some mysterious force that "had" to have set things in motion. Those that did specify were obviously referring to the God of Christianity.

Here is a summary of verifiable evidence presented so far:

None.

Here is a summary of the variations of unverifiable evidence (some is outright speculation without any evidence, but I digress) that has been presented so far:

1.) I know Jehovah exists because his Holy Spirit is evidence of him.

2.) It's a feeling.

3.) This [animal, plant, planet, universe] looks complex. Complex things have to be designed. Therefore, there was a designer. That designer is God.

Cofty: Did I miss anything?

• cofty
    cofty

I will have a look through the thread later and see if there are any other answers that deserve to be included.

Why do christian theists suddenly start talking like theoretical physicists and philosophers when you ask for evidence of the god of Jesus? It's almost as if they don't really have the courage of their convictions.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

What I see when someone says they believe in god...

All theists would be a lot more respectable if they would just admit that they "want to believe" in god, but actually can't because there is zero evidence. Shit there is more evidence for the existence of ufo's!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit