This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you Simon. I asked Outlaw repeatedly to take it to PM but he prefers to show off in front of his audience.

it's basically a matter of FAITH & BELIEF, for those who believe in God, no proof/ explanation is necessary - Rebel

Faith as a basis for belief in a specific god is self-defeating.

Faith and evidence are inversely proportional - the less evidence you have the more faith you require. Religions make a virtue of faith. On this basis a christian cannot criticise any other faith position.

How can a christian theist assert that Mormonism or JWs or Islam or Scientology are wrong? They can assert that the evidence does not support Scientology but that only means that Scientology requires more faith than christianity and faith is a virtue therefore Scientology wins.

For those that don't believe in God, no proof/explanation is not a satisfactory answer

That is simply not true. It's a cop-out favoured by failed apologists.

I used to believe passionately. I was eventually led by evidence to reject faith. Being rational means that your beliefs should be in proportion to the evidence. If there is evidence for god that I have missed I want to know. I don't want to be wrong any longer than necessary.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thank you Simon. I asked Outlaw repeatedly to take it to PM

but he prefers to show off in front of his audience.....cofty

We`ve seen you Publicly Lie about PMs sent to you..

I told you I don`t participate in PM`s with people I consider dishonest..

You don`t stop..You keep sending me PM`s..

Get it through your thick skull,I`m not going to Participate in PM`s with you..

You could have let Simon`s post be the end of it,but you needed to get that last jab in..

You do it with Everyone.

Your not a Victim..

Your a Bully who cries Victim,when people Refuse to Endure your Endless BS..

Sorry Simon..

I know you wanted this to end with your last post..

This is your house,I really do try to be a good guest..

I`ll let this rest now..
  • juandefiero
    juandefiero

Wish I could just delete this thread now.

• cofty
    cofty

More false accusations, insults and attempts to derail one of the best threads we have had for a while.

Get it through your thick skull,I`m not going to Participate in PM`s with you.. - Outlaw

Because responding privately to my respectful PMs would deny you the chance to show off.

Simon is welcome to review my PMs

Juan it is a good thread. Plenty people will have benefitted from it. The lack of evidence offered by believers is very telling.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wish I could just delete this thread now.....juandefiero

No..It`s a good thread..

Things just got a little out of hand..

• Landy
    Landy

Outlaw - I Think There's Something Wrong With Your Keyboard.

As regards this thread it just goes to show you can't argue with creationists.

• talesin
    talesin
    you can't argue with creationists

You can argue with anyone. With creationists, or g-d believers, you KNOW you can't use logic, because belief in a higher power is all about faith. Any so-called query that disingenuously says "prove God exists" is pure baiting, imo. If you want to prove how 'smart' you are, and how much you 'know', then yeah, go ahead and argue with a creationist. Try to make them feel dumb. Does that feel good? Whatever floats your boat.

• cofty
    cofty
    g-d believers

eh?

Why not type god?

• Landy
    Landy

Exactly, with rational arguments all we have available is evidence based reasoning. Creationists can't do that so arguing is pointless when you have no common ground whatsoever.

It's like when tne JWs come to my door and start quoting from the bible and I go to my daughter's bookcase and fetch Barrie's Peter Pan to prove the existence of Wendy,

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    eh?
    Why not type god?

Maybe she's Jewish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit