This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Personal attacks are for vindictive people

It seems to me that pretty much sums up your spirit on this Forum. All of your posts to others that disagree with you are tainted with disrespect so you should expect the same to you.

distracted by a petty-minded individual. I understand the temptation

You understand nothing. Your posts smell of a dishonest jerk that always believes he understands more than everybody else.

I don't believe that Outlaw is petty minded, seems to me that he can think correctly. He proved that in his post commenting about your posts. I think that he hit the nail right on the head as other posters also concurred. It makes zero difference (to plagiarize Data Dog's phrase) whether or not he got somebody else to take a look at your posts to backup what he suspected. The only thing that matters is his view and I read a lot of posts on this thread that agree with Outlaw; to quote one poster, he refers to you as "the fact police," and you go around correcting poster's grammar and English officiously. I say mind your own business and concern yourself with supporting your weak position when you are challenged instead of telling everybody how to write as if everyone has all the free time like you to use a different word processor and proof read, edit, restructure sentences, commas, etc. Who cares but you?. Worry about defending your position and not telling others how stupid their position is because you are not able to undermine it -and stop being so meddlesome.

• cofty
    cofty

Good morning Fishy. Once again I get to read another angry and dishonest rant over breakfast.

As I said I could not care less about your opinion of me. However I will correct one lie that you and Outlaw are keen on spreading. In my 17000+ post you will find exactly one where I commented on somebody's punctuation. That was on an occasion that Outlaw had been his usual obnoxious self and I sarcastically corrected him on his random use of of upper-case letters.

Once in 6 years. You can find lots of things in my posts to take exception to without dishonestly making things up.

I get that you don't like me. I relentlessly present objective evidence that challenges your superstitious worldview. That must be annoying. Although I present it as simply and concisely as possible, you have admitted that you don't - or won't - understand it. Instead of responding rationally you lash out. I remember what it was like to be afraid of facts. Millions of JW's stay in the cult because they are afraid to examine the evidence.

Too bad. I am not going to stop being me just because you, Outlaw and a few others, are angry and think it's ok to behave in the the way you do.

This thread was started to give believers the chance to offer evidence for belief. Why is it that we have had pages of angry rhetoric but no evidence? What happened to "always be ready to give a defense of your faith"?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr
    Wow. Keep up the fight Cofty, if only for those of us who appreciate information, clarity and logic. Where on earth are the religious thinkers who can put up some sort of cogent argument? The gods are in full scale retreat.
  • cofty
    cofty

Thanks Qcmbr - It's interesting that the only person able to present substantial evidence for god in this thread was you - an ex-believer.

It would be great if we could have some real conversations about these sort of important topics. There are some interesting things to be said on the faith side of the argument.

All we get is "demons therefore Jesus" and angry rants.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I am not going to stop being me

As you wish.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

However I will correct one lie that you and Outlaw are keen on spreading. In my 17000+ post you will find exactly one where I commented on somebody's punctuation.....cofty

You claim it`s a lie,then you admit to it.....All in the same sentence..

People are supposed to trust you after that?..LOL!!..

Talesin is Right.....Your Too Easy..
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well the O.P was always going to create an explosive thread. Yet it's basically a matter of FAITH & BELIEF, for those who believe in God, no proof/ explanation is necessary. For those that don't believe in God, no proof/explanation is not a satisfactory answer. However maybe the trick is not to take things so seriously and try to get along?

The Rebel.

p.s if anyone is really interested in "proof of Gods existence" may I reccomend you read Belottis, 47 volumes of " History of Catholicism" It not cheap but if you are down to your last £547.17pence, buy it , you won't regret it.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr
    The Rebel - is it possible to make some stand out points from the History of Catholicism? I won't be reading it I'm afraid even if it is a worthy endeavor though I'd be interested in what you found that was persuasive.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Qcmbr (Q)" is it possible to make some stand out points from the History of Cathalisiam? I won't be reading it I am afraid even if it is a worthy endeavour.

The Rebel (A) Sorry " Qcmbr" I was joking, but if I had Belottis 47 volumes of "History of Cathalisim" ( which I don't because they don't exist) they would remain on my bookshelf unread, as I hope I have better things to do with my time :-)

The Rebel.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr
    gotcha :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit