This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Fishy last night

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Yes. I asked you for your opinion. It's called having a conversation. You should give it a try.
    Were we not conversing? You made your point, I made mine. If you don't like what I posted or my opinion thats your problem. Try not to blame your issue on me, again; it makes you look like a dick.

No. I am just puzzled why any intelligent adult would think the charter has any relevance to discussing ideas on a religious discussion forum.

Aw another ad hominem. Why am I not surprised?

You're right; freedom of speech has nothing on do with people discussing religion in public. Clearly I am not as smart as you. Carry on Mr. Chairman

Lol

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

On my latest thread I posted this:-

My name is Mike, and I am such a terrible person that my former friends wanted to to arrange a special emergency meeting to disfellowship me. The meeting was to take place on Monday the...well that's not important, what is important is that i was not found hiding from the meeting in a dustbin, nor did I defend myself, instead I simply did not attend. More importantly I learnt if my former friends treat me like that, they were never my friends, and I will certainly not go through my life with there " opinion" is the all and end all of what's important.

So I think these threads on proof of Gods existence are insane, we are here together ex- Jehovers Witnesses and we need special emergency meetings to discuss if God exists. That's insane. So unless you want the 300 honours and noble prize and can prove the point remmber people will still disagree? And if you can proove the point it would be bloody wonderful, but then those that oppose your thinking will " unanimously" dismiss what you say anyway. And who knows maybe someday in the not to long away future those that " unanimously " opposed your viewpoint will be proven right? Anyway either way I believe we all will all exspsrince rigamorphous

The Rebel

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I do not see how not liking evidence invalidates it. I also do not see how conclusions about evidence invalidates it.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Fisherman (q) " I do not see how liking evidence discredits it. I also do not see how conclusions about evidence discredits it?

The Rebel ( a) when you look at a beautiful man/ woman what do you look at first:-

a) Her/ his eyes

b) Her/ his teeth

c) The sanitex rubber body stockings that get the blood boiling.

Well the evidence is you may be wearing contact lenses, and he/ she may have false teeth, I won't go with what lies behind the sanitex rubber body stockings... So when you go to bed with a stranger make sure you are protected, and the same goes with the strangers you meet on debating forums, they may have nice writing and nice teeth but , they may still be wearing sanitex rubber body stockings.

Conclusion great points are made on these threads, but debate them indepentently and take your time, the conclusions you then come to may astound you....

The Rebel.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Tenacious - Are you familiar with the work of Susan Blackmore?

She is a psychologist who spent half her career trying to prove there was something substantial behind reports of supernatural events. After many years she stopped her investigation completely. Every incident without exception turned out to be a case of exaggeration, delusion or deceit.

Thanks for the info cofty. Definitely going to look into her work. I'll continue my journey in search of truth wherever that may lead me.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    ....and how does a conclusion about evidence validates the conclusion?
  • cofty
    cofty
    Were we not conversing? You made your point, I made mine. - Twitch

Not really. You posted something about the UDHR in a thread that invites believers to share evidence for god.

I asked you respectfully if you really thought the Declaration had any relevance to an internet discussion. You responded by accusing me of failing to address the issue.

Now you just seem to have an attitude problem. This is a discussion forum. If being asked polite questions about your opinions offends you, maybe you're in the wrong place.

You're right; freedom of speech has nothing on do with people discussing religion in public - Twitch

I knew you would get there in the end. Well done.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

So I think these threads on proof of Gods existence are insane, we are here together ex- Jehovers Witnesses and we need special emergency meetings to discuss if God exists. That's insane.

Ahhh, I thinks you see after all.

Seems to me here though that these people are hurtin, not so much that they do not know that God exixts but give up faith because they cannot reconcile God with seas of suffering. I see poi pain and others, but not until his last post did I see proof of CL pain. I wish I could give you what I have.

Here is the objective evidence that Jehovah is reality that can be verified: Jehovah's Holy Spirit is proof, conclusive, convincing evidence, certainty- which is what proof is all about

Subjective evidence is just that, evidence; it is convincing, but,you just do not know with certainty.

I am certain that God exists.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

....I won't go with what lies behind the sanitex rubber body stockings....... REbel

What are you trying to say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit