its the begining part two

by pepperheart 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

its the begining of the end for JWs in exjw websites i have found all these branch headquaters have closed down

Ireland

Estonia

guateemala

El salvador

Honduras

Nicaragua

Costa rica

and Panama

• karter
    karter
    New Zealand about 2 years ago
  • Athanasius
    Athanasius

Probably not the beginning of the end for JWism. But at least the end of the beginning.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Central Am, except Belize, is off the map eh?
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The Canadian Branch might be the next to go:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5646117907726336/cra-screwup-wt-canada

Consolidation. Protecting their assets and holding them close to their chest.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    The money has run out. And with so many uneducated, poor members, the society will never be able to obtain and upkeep the number of properties they were once accustomed to. Encouraging your members to stay poor and dumb is never a smart business move.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Surely , shirley , their comes a time when you can no longer pull the wool over the eyes of the sheep before they wake up ?

Surely shirley , even sheep can`t be that dumb ,wolves in sheep`s clothing not withstanding ,

115 years of failed prophecy`s / cover ups , and excuses , e.g.new light etc. to explain their failure of prophecy ,? Hiding sexual abuse by their members , etc,Not reporting child sex abuse by their members from Elders over a 65 year period , with 1006 cases unreported by Elders to the relevant authorities , either police or Child protection Authorities.

Jehovah`s Witnesses have only approx .8 million baptized J.W.`s.worldwide.

The Roman Catholic religion has over 1 Billion baptized members.

The Roman Catholic Church has been around for approx,2 Centuries.

The Roman Catholic Church has a dismal record of child sexual abuse ,

However the Jehovah`s Witnesses have only been around for 115 years and their child sexual abuse cases far exceeds the Roman Catholics.

Jehovah`s Witnesses have about 8 million members , yet country after country around the world has multiple cases of child sex abuse by members of this religion. to name a few , the USA , the U.K. , Australia , to name just a few , their are many more that can be listed .

I would suggest that the J.W.`s are far worse than the R.C. Religion in this regard., however because they are such a minority group according to the media they are overlooked.

But they should not be .

smiddy

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Pepperheart (Q) " is this the beginning or the end for jws in ex -jw websites.....?"

The Rebel (A) According to the bible, " in the beginning God created the light out of the darkness" This is the only bible passage I respect, and I have concluded the "darkness" is the false thinking of people, and therefore doesn't exist. But we are all guilty of trusting in the " darkness". So in my opinion the "darkness" of humun thinking will always exist, and even the J.W organization will never be able to close this light down. But the J.W darkness will always exist.

As i said in my opinion the " darkness" is the false thinking of people, but for clarification I would add I believe as individuals we are never free from re-evaluating our thinking, and progressing to our presumed light..

The Rebel.

• Divergent
    Divergent

In the past, whenever a new branch office was opened, JW's would say that it is evidence of Jehovah's blessing & rapid expansion is taking place!

BUT... now that branch offices are closing down, you don't hear them saying the opposite, do you?

• talesin
    talesin

We have what the Catholic survivors do not - because of our small community, we are able to support each other.

Being so isolated (unlike my RC or Protestant compas, who had school friends, education, etc.), made an internet search for 'others' like me, imperative. When I got my new PC, the first thing I Googled was "Jehovah's Witnesses", and there was JWD, my tribe.

Now, we have an huge community, not just here, but on other sites and facebook. It's a wonderful and amazing thing. Such a contrast from the 70s, when I was kicked out, and no support - zip, zilch, nada - from other exJWS.

I had some wonderful non JWS who helped me out, though! And life was pretty damn good. Challenging? For sure. But worth it. I've never looked back.

To all lurkers and newbies ... yes, you can do this. And you can choose happiness. No life is perfect; illness strikes, jobs may suck; the same ups and downs that the JWS have. But I can now 'roll with the punches'. There is no one I must report to, no one monitoring my every move, indeed, my every thought.

As Oscar Wilde said "The best revenge is to live well." It's written in my 25YO address book, and words to live by. xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit