To ALL active and newly escaped JWs

by somebody 3 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

This is from a 2/01 Kingdom Ministry:

The secretary should see that the Regional Building Committee is kept up-to-date on the status of all baptized publishers who have submitted Kingdom Hall Volunteer Worker Questionnaire (S-82) forms. When there are adjustments in a volunteer’s status, such as when one moves or is appointed as a ministerial servant or elder, new forms should be filled out promptly and submitted.

As far as VOLUNTEER “STATUS”, in this REGIONAL BUILDING COMMITTEE, and the KINGDOM HALL VOLUNTEER WORKER QUESTIONAIRE goes, Why would the title “Elder” or “Ministerial Servant” effect ones “satus”? Why would those who now carry those titles have to fill out a NEW FORM PROMPTLY” ?

I can understand ANYONE having to fill out a form form for VOLUNTEER work for a major corporation or religious building, for backgroud checks. And for those who moved, for mailing purposes…. but why would that form change for anyone who was moved up to any level of a prominent positions in the congregation, if it's for volunteer work? Do they get any special priveldges holding titles?

Also, since the “Complete Donation Agreement” came into existence for the organization who has "NEVER CHARGED” for their literature, in trying to evade paying taxes, do those who hold the title of PIONEER get any other privilege in place of the discount that was given to them for the “free” liturature nowadays?

Enquiring minded,

somebody

• Odrade
    Odrade

I think you have to be an elder to run a work crew. If you're an engineer, but just a r&f dub, you have to work under someone else who is a servant, even if the servant works at McDonalds. He is now more qualified than you because he is an elder or ministerial servant. It's almost as bad as "headship." *gak*

Pioneers do NOT get any financial assistance, but at $.05 per mag, and $.25 per book, you had to do an awful lot of book-sellin' to buy a tank of gas. And don't even get me started on pioneers who have to drive their own vehicle EVERY DAY, but never get a dollar from the people they haul around all day to help with gas. Pioneering is EXPENSIVE.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Whenever I heard an announcemnt requesting volunteers, they always said that preference would be given to elders, ministerial servants, and pioneers. The last congregation I was in recently renovated the hall at a cost of $125,000, and the renovation was primarily cosmetic in nature. The kickoff meeting before the renovation was open to ONLY elders, ministerial servants, pioneers, and tradesman. Their spouses could also attend. Lowly publishers without titles were not allowed to attend. Interestingly, as account servant at the time, I noticed that the money for the renovation was contributed primarily by those same lowly publishers, many of whom were elderly, and could not even attend the hall since they were physically challenged. None of the money was used to make the hall more accessible to them. Wheelchair accessibility was part of the original plan, but that was not permitted by the regional building committee and therefore cancelled.

As far as priviledges for pioneers, I guess they have the priviledge of working for free as volunteers, while other publishers could enjoy their weekends.

Walter

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL The pioneers are allowed to count their work on the construction project as field service time. Since the can count 16 to 20 hours for a weekend's work on a construction project, that frees them from having to go out in service for the rest of the week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit