Besides Beards . . .

by neat blue dog 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I wonder why there is a slot on that JW Match form that tells whether or not he is a smoker? I thought it would be a given, considering it's a dating site for JWs.

TB-

• compound complex
    compound complex

I guess it all depends on the local elders.

As I wrote before, I have been allowed to comment at meetings although I have a full beard and haven't cut my hair in five years. The latest Memorial was my final meeting.

It must be disconcerting to some ardent JWs to have a Christendom-styled Jesus (so I've been called) in their midst. Of course, I gave no talks from the platform nor did I go out in service.

CC

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Orphancrow - "As I wrote before, I have been allowed to comment at meetings although I have a full beard and haven't cut my hair in five years...It must be disconcerting to some ardent JWs to have a Christendom-styled Jesus (so I've been called) in their midst. Of course, I gave no talks from the platform nor did I go out in service."

I'd pay money to see that.

At least some of them must have thought you were someone's perpetual study.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Orphancrow -- someone's perpetual study! I like that.

When I wrote of its depending on the local elders, I cannot say why one elder would seek me out before meeting and tell me to raise my hand high so that he would see it and, then, call on me.

A personal agenda?

Best wishes, Dear.

CC

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ah, shit, I did it again.

I meant "compound complex".

Sorry.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I remember a nice guy in my Hall that wore a beard to cover up deep scares from a motor vehicle accident, he wasn't allowed to give talks or go out in service because of it.

The no beard policy was invented solely from the leaders of the WTS, there is nothing in the bible to support this policy.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Vidiot!

Oh, now I get it! I'm sorry, too -- I missed your name altogether. If I can ever figure it out between my 2 antiquated computers, I'll post "Jesus," but not at the KH! No payment necessary!

Best regards.

CC

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

IMHO, if you are a black jw, there are different 'rules' to govern you. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about the stupid 'rutherfordian' rules and many of my best jw friends are black and they are great guys and girls. However, black people have different ways to dress and groom that would not fly with Caucasians in jw-land!

Back in the early 70's, I was counselled by our CO for growing a mustache.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

I did go out in service, even with a CO, and many elders, while sporting quite a puffy soul patch and a little trace of beard. None of them have said anything.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Well in response to an inquiry, (its posted on jwfacts I believe), they specifically said that having a beard will not prevent someone from going in the ministry or even giving a talk on the school. It only affects additional 'privileges' based on the local elders opinions. If any elder says you can't go out in service or give a part on the school, they're making their own rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit