Hello Trolley JW's...

by The Fall Guy 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

...at 1 Peter 3:15 it says that if someone asks a Christian about their Christian hope, they should always be ready to explain it - with mildness & deep respect. May I ask you about just one belief which JW's have?

JW's have been instructed that God & Jesus personally selected Mr. Rutherford and several of his associates as the first 'faithful slave' 101 dalmations years ago, in 1919.

I'd like to ask you two questions about that momentous event:

1) Who actually told you that they'd been selected by God & Christ?

2) What scriptural or divinely provided proof convinced you that what they said was true? (Silent thought - Or did you just take their word for it?)

• oppostate
    oppostate

Good one, especially since Joe Rutherforfd said the Holy Spirit was no longer operative but he received new light through angels, which the WT now rejects, so it must have been expressions inspired by 'fallen' angels, i.e. demons.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I agree, most of their teachings seem to be from demons, not loving at all.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    101 dalmations

This is more believable as a story than the tripe the Jobos trot out.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    1) Who actually told you that they'd been selected by God & Christ

Not only JWs, ask any spiritual Gurus who claim to be Gods men . They would say that GOD Secretly tells them so. And that would be a conversation stopper.

THe gullible would beleive. THe shroud ones wont.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Who is this Mr. Rutherford that you speak of?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Who is this Mr. Rutherford that you speak of?

That is so much the response that you will get from modern, young JWs. For them their "theocratic history " began in yr 2000 , being the year that the online library was began. Anything prior to that is dead history and irrelevant.

• Moster
    Moster

Rutherford's angels were found at the bottom of the glass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit