EdenOne, Mrs. Eden & Son: DISASSOCIATED!

by EdenOne 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

One month in advance, I wrote a 7-page letter to Bethel branch in Portugal (copies went to the CO and body of elders in the congregation) presenting solid bible and ethical arguments as to why attending the National Defense Day should be considered a matter of personal conscience decision for a christian, and making an anticipated declaration that by attending it my son wasn't in any way excising himself from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

... crickets ...

No reply at all. Only two elders coming to our house wanting to inform our son that he had been considered disassociated and offering "comfort from the scriptures". Hypocrites.

Some day I'll translate that letter into english and publish it here.

Eden

• goingthruthemotions
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Drinks on the house for the Eden family ,congratulations to you all

smiddy

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congratulations Eden - I have been following you on here since you joined, it's great to see you finally free.

• Listener
    Listener

7 pages, wow EdenOne. Given your discussions here I know it would have been of a very high caliber. In many ways it is a fine result. They are not able to defend their own position but it shows that there strategy is one of retreat. There is a serious weakness on their part.

They consider themselves to be a peaceful people in a physical sense only, not in a spiritual sense but when it comes to holding to their so called bible principles and ideals, they have no spirit to stand and fight. So much for the 'hailstones' of hard truths and the hard hitting messages that they purport to declare. They are like the big bully who's just a little weak pussy when properly challenged.

Instead their only weapon is to demand obedience which includes not questioning their bible understandings.

W91 12/1 From 1922 onward, hard-hitting Bible truths were published and publicly circulated, exposing Babylonish false religion
    W81 8/1 have been pelting them with hard-hitting Scriptural truths, exposing them for what they really are
    W74 12/15 the message of the Kingdom and its establishment has been declared like a mighty trumpet blast in the direction of the “four winds”
    W68 6/15 It is true that those who respond do not engage in any literal warfare with fleshly, man-made weapons. They do, however, equip themselves with the “suit of armor” and the weapons that God has provided
    W2012 8/15 We will not fight them with material weapons on a literal battlefield. Yet, we can be sure that Jehovah will reward with victory all faithful ones who wage spiritual warfare in his name
    W2010 2/15 A soldier can wield his weapons effectively in warfare only if he has practiced and has learned to use them well. It is the same with the use of “the sword of the spirit” in our spiritual warfare. “Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God,” wrote Paul, “a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright.”—2 Tim. 2:15.

• DJS
    DJS

Most excellent!!-

• KateWild
    KateWild

Congratulations......I am happy for you all. It's great that you stopped being JWs as a family.

Kate xx

• Half banana
    Half banana

Well done Eden, the whole (close) family free...what a joy!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Congratulations!

The whole family on the same page is always good.

Be well.

DY

• Giordano
    Giordano

My Martini this evening will be dedicated to the Eden family...... out and free!

Wonderful news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit