EdenOne, Mrs. Eden & Son: DISASSOCIATED!

by EdenOne 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Great news!

WE ARE FREE!

As of the 9th of June, me and my dear wife Mrs. Eden handed over our letters of disassociation at Bethel in Portugal, thus making official our departure from the Jehovah's Witnesses. It will likely be announced on the next mid-week meeting.

As for our son, because he attended the National Defense Day on the 11th of March, in spite of a letter sent previously stating that his attendance was a matter of conscience and didn't imply his disconnection from the Jehovah's Witnesses (he has been inactive for nearly 3 years), he was forcibly disassociated last week. Just in time for his 19th birthday.

We are thrilled.

Soon I will post a translation of our disassociation letters, the story around it, and a picture of us as well.

Just wanted to share the "good news" of my kingdom.

EdenOne

• cofty
    cofty

Congratulations to the Eden family!

• Funchback
    Funchback

That's great news, Edens!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Wow! Can't wait to hear more.

• jaydee
  • kairos
    kairos

As painful as this may be, you won't regret the decision.

• Simon
    Simon

I am going to raise a glass to your freedom :thumbsup:

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Enjoy your freedom! So glad your family is out too!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Congratulations! Happy rebirthday ;-)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Congratulations for leaving that blasted cult.

Question--isn't attendance compulsory and jws are not exempt? From <<that link, I see nothing objectionable to jw beliefs. You just show up and they tell you all about being in the military? What am I missing?

Attendance to the DDN is a military duty for all Portuguese citizens over 18 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit