In The Name of Love, Need Your Opinion

by thankyou 77 Replies latest social relationships

• silvia
    silvia
    If she appeared homeless...I can't fathom her being put in that situation unless she chose it or was in some sort of trouble. The JWs that i know would never allow one of the friends to go without shelter food clothing etc.. Something's up.
  • out4good4
    out4good4

Aren't there any non-JW girls out there.......

I think this is the second post I've read today about some teenie bopper all googli-eyed in love with a teen JW girl.

This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion."

Yep. As i noted on day one: you will not listen. We will be here for you when it goes wrong.

• thankyou
    thankyou

Silvia,

Thanks. She "appeared" to be getting "marginal" help, yet right on the penumbra of homelessness.

Since she did her disappearing act/"awol", I've been really worried about her well- being.

It could be either of those things you mention or who knows maybe even something else.

It's a roller coaster ride some days I have alot of patience, other days are like today where I need to get to the bottom of this.

"Something's up". Yup, I need to find out.

• thankyou
    thankyou

out4good4

Yes, there are, but, seemingly slim pickings from other cities I have lived in.

I'm ashamed, in a sense, to admit that I'm well past being a teenie-bopper and perhaps should know better.

On the other hand, this is a truly complex situation and not what it may appear to be on the surface.

Thanks

• thankyou
    thankyou

Morpheus,

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

I appreciate the warning. I'm still ok and trying to get to the bottom of this.

"We will be here for you when it goes wrong"

A Sincere 'Thank You'. That means a lot to me.

ALL YOU FOLKS ARE TRULY, THE BEST !

• thankyou
    thankyou

VIII,

Thanks for sharing your Mom's story.

It ticks me off though. She was just trying to better her life and find happiness. What she did was her personal business. I'm sure she deeply cared about the guy.

What a heartless "religion". Worse yet, they "stole" the balance of her years. My heart goes out to her. God is Good. He will make it up to her either here or in the hereafter.

I hope you are compassionate to her.

----------------------------

"Your friend is not looking for a rescue-she's looking for a convert".

Thanks for your input. If this "drama" continues:

I'll be looking out for that. I'll never again join any organized religion.

And, I believe she has a lot of "baggage" and hurt to work through, so I would need to give her time to "see the light" and want out.

• thankyou
    thankyou

Diogenesister,

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly, there are probably a limitless number of highly compatible potential mates out there for all of us.

You know in my wife's last few weeks of life, I asked her "what am I supposed to do after you go on to Heaven"? I just wanted to hear her wish/permission/approval, for I had learned to highly respect her wisdom/opinion. She said "Well, you have to find someone for companionship". But, it was totally unexpected to find a gal so mentally/emotionally/spiritually compatible out of the blue, like this.

---------------------

"knight in shining armour...and rescue her maybe"?

Yes, probably some of that. But not from an egotistical perspective. I've had my share of being "jilted" by girls too. But, would it be a good and noble thing to do?....Sure. Plus, I like her and see her core as being a good person spiritually. Plus, although I tried my best for 13 years to help an older brother with mental-emotional issues from the time of Vietnam, I failed because he never did recover. IF, this gal is willing (sees the light), I don't want to fail this time-her.

You know, in the practice of law trial attorneys pick a case "theme" which summarizes the client's position. One theme frequently used is: "Things are not always what they seem to be." It may just be applicable to this drama.

There's a lot going on here that is almost unfathomable. She is a black girl, so I like to ask black folks opinion, in case I'm missing something. And, they "cut through all the fat" so to speak and give an incisive, no b.s., perspective with a good understanding of the spiritual realm.

I'm repeating now from an earlier post. But I told my story here, unknowingly at first to a JW, really nice black guy. When I told him how the last time this gal and I had met, she had shaven her head, he hollered , "WOW, THIS IS DEEP"! I think in that instant he could "see" everything that was going on. He advised me that "for now just try to be her friend outside of JW, that she can turn to and trust".

I also asked the opinion of my dentist's dental assistant who is from Trinidad. A sharp gal. She said "give this girl time, don't call her and don't text her. She knows you love her." But, I was unable to do that because her daily life situation appeared to be so tenuous, and fragile. I felt the need to maintain contact.

But, that's the hard part, trying to discern the optimal amount of contact. Not so much to cause her pressure and yet not so infrequently that she might slip through the cracks.

Wish me luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit