Trial return to kingdom halls

by road to nowhere 9 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There was a comment that in Australia ( i think) the experiment ended with no apparent outcome. Anyone know how this is working any where? There was also a mention of a hall being sold. Being open minded I will admit there may be halls that do need to be replaced or done away with

The problem of foresaw was the qualifications to be invited; vaccinated, no children, and none of the many newly interested 🙄. As pimo I will hide behind age and health to avoid the privilege of in person.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

It's kind of odd, they made a big hullabaloo about their "pilot program" which started just before the Omicron variant started spreading.

I heard informally that with Omicron, many such pilot programs were shut down.

But after all the hub-bub, including numerous social network videos of half-full Kingdom Hall meetings, there's been bubkus since then.

It's never even mentioned anywhere at all. No one has any idea if the programs are still in operation, or if some / many / most / all have been shut down.

It's kind of like they never announced it at all, with the complete and utter silence about it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

As of 21 Jan 2022, 26,813 JW's had died of Covid. I can't see them rushing back to KH's any time soon.

George

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

What do you call 26813 JW who died of Covid? A good start

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Yea thats not a great comment , mick.

• Simon
    Simon
    A good start

You're no longer welcome to post here.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

It has been nearly 22 years since I have been in a Kingdom Hall. For many of us it has been even longer. I remember even before these super viruses my Kingdom Hall was a hotbed for disease. The air circulation was poor. The Kingdom Hall had a mold problem which was probably due to it being built in 2 days. They later upgraded the HVAC system to pump in fresh air from outside. It didn't help that much as people were always coughing and sneezing. I couldn't imagine going to that Kingdom Hall right now. Between the hand shaking and the coughing, no telling who is sick and who just has an issue with mold allergies. In the winter I get a chronic cough due to wood smoke, and I am sure to not be the only one. Anyway, I would be terrified if the Elders said the Kingdom Hall is open and we're ending zoom meetings.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Yes I remember getting sick a few days after the circult ass. (spelled it right). There was always a musty smell in the place. Sure enough we always got sick.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Getting sick after assemblies:

Unknown air quality, the assembly hall has ventilation that blows right down your neck

People will not miss no matter how sick

Stress from travel, even if just across town, poor food (copied from the old served stuff), cramped seats ( the assembly hall has way better seats than the KH)

Lack of exercise

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

As of last week the Australian branch issued a note to co's stating that there were no plans to resume in person meetings till April.

This would be reviewed on a monthly basis thereafter. And let me tell you, the rank and file are dreading the return of the in person circus.

The memorial which is sometime in April would still be on zoom.

As I mentioned on another thread, all pilot meetings in West Australia have ceased and are back on zoom. Other states are all on zoom I'm led to believe.

jtg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit