4 Generations of the Royal Family

by pixel 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

4 Generations of the Royal Family. Excuse me, I'm one of JW's, I only see one overlap generation of the royal family.

• sir82
    sir82
    So that little boy is of the same generation that survived the London blitz....awesome!
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    By heck! Just goes to show how being a JW distorts perception.
  • cofty
    cofty
    So that little boy is of the same generation that survived the London blitz....awesome!

Yep apparently Prince George is the same generation as this lad.

• freddo
    freddo
    Prince George is the "same generation" (BWAHAHAHAHAHA ... ) as those still living who were adults who served in the armed forces during WW2. Namely his Great-grandfather Prince Philip (Royal Navy) who will be 95 in June 2016 and his Great-grandmother HM The Queen (British Army) aged 90 (Happy Birthday Ma'am!")
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

You misunderstand the doctrine of the overlapping generation.

King George V was born in 1865 and died in 1936.

Queen Elizabeth II was born in 1926 and overlapped King George V by 10 years.

Prince Charles was born in 1948 and has overlapped Queen Elizabeth by 67 years.

Prince William was born in 1982 and has overlapped both Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles by 33 years.

Prince George of Cambridge (becomes King George VI upon his coronation) was born in 2013 and has overlapped Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, and Prince William by 2 years and 9 months.

For both King George V and Prince George (future King George VI) to be of the same generation they must both have overlapped the life of at least one person in common. This is Queen Elizabeth.

Therefore they are all one generation. 1865 to Present. One generation.

Now if Prince George, on becoming King George VI can live at least as long as his great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, the overlapping generation could extend from 1865 to 2103.

It's simple overlapping math: 1+1+1+1+1 = 1

Of course by 2103 Prince George (as King George VI) might have children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. However these four generations are only part of the one true overlapping generation of the "last days of this system of things" that started overlapping in 1865 with the birth of King George V.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    @jwleaks- brilliant
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Truly, Elizabeth II is the "bridge over troubled" waters (or: generations).

Eden

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I thought the same thing when I saw this picture! But you know, the queen really does look good for 90, if only she would get a decent hair stylist. Anyway, haven't had an interest in the royals since Diana. Harry is the only good looking one now.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's simple overlapping math: 1+1+1+1+1 = 1 ~ jwleaks

That's all you needed to say. It's so clear now. Really, you didn't need to go on with all that Brit History lesson. Everyone HATES history. So many who were reading likely got bored in the middle of the history lesson and thus missed the simple, clear, concise summary and are thus, still confused.

Doc

1+1+1+1+1 = 1 (Amazingly simple!)

[Warning: Comment contains satire!]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit