Severance TV Show

by Simon 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

We watched the season 1 finale of this Apple TV series last night. What an amazingly well-done show!

It's a surreal world, but based in our own, and you don't have a clue where the plot is really headed but the drama builds all the way through.

There were some major reveals about the characters and it ended on a peach of a cliffhanger, so if there isn't a series 2 already in production I'll be storming Apple HQ to ask why.

Some of it may give you WTS vibes, the cult-like world they live in and the "forced" celebrations for various things, but while some of it is a little "sci-fi" it's kind of believable.

In case you don't know the main premise is that it follows people around their work at a company with a very sterile-like environment. The work they do is weird, the company is odd, everything is strange. The kicker is that they have been implanted with a chip which means when they are at work they have zero knowledge of their outside life or anyone they know and vice versa - when at home they only know they work at that company, not what they do or who they work with.

Eventually the barriers start to erode.

Anyone else watch it? What did you think?

• Smiles
    Smiles
    As close as we may ever get to a reality show filmed inside WT bethel culture.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

I must add it to my list of what to watch.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I loved it. You really don't have any clue as to where it is headed and people you thought you had pegged were nothing of the sort. The last two episodes really start to sort things out and it left you begging for an episode 10 and beyond. Apple has confirmed it for a second season.

Minor Spoiler: Pay attention to the character of Helly R. Who she is in real life really places into context what happened in the early episodes. You'll have to wait until episode 9 to get that answer but its well worth the wait.

Highly recommended. Enjoy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

No worries, it's been renewed.

• inbetween
    inbetween

excellent show, waiting for season finale this friday...when we started watching, I couldn`t wrap my mind around it, so weird and so good...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This is the best show I have seen in a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit