Headline: "Islamic Invasion: Europe now scrambles for guns." How true is this?

by cappytan 155 Replies latest jw friends

• krejames
    krejames
    @prologos Fair enough 👍 👍
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Loveunihateexams,

I think that is an interesting question. Lots of Muslims have successfully integrated in the US, and as in most immigrant groups, there are some older language holdouts, but most are successfully starting busing, crazy to get their kids high degrees and work their butts off to do it. I know businessmen, doctors, engineers, entrepreneurs, teachers, etc.

In Muslim countries, English is defector business language, which is convenient for most westerners, but when westerners are expected to follow cultural norms (to a lesser degree) and are punished according to their laws, the world has a collective panic attack. Yet we all get in a huff if ladies don't cast off all modesty upon arrival. I worked and lived in several predominantly Muslim nations. Not even in Saudi is a western or non Muslim woman expected to cover her hair, although she is supposed to cover her limbs. In Pakistan, many don't cover. In Egypt, there is a total range of degrees of covering. In Qatar, also. No one told me to go back home. Ever. My language issues were accommodated as well as possible(usually impressively) I did go to Makkah. I did not wear an abaya or black. I was modest, but I'm not Arabic, and my cultural version of modesty didn't look like theirs, except for one day after I bought an abaya. It still was not black, but fyi, lots of abayas are not.

Many Muslim women in the US are modest but if they did not cover their hair, you'd think nothing of it. Some still wear abayas. Many are indistinguishable. We are much better integrated than many will acknowledge. That's a shame.

There is a learning curve for any immigrant or visiting group. Hello, Americans going to Europe have some real adjustments to make. Especially older ones who are more set in their ways. My mom is a real "ugly American" even out of her neighborhood. I shudder to think what she did in Italy, Greece and Turkey.

Your doctor, lawyer or insurance agent or IT manager at work may be able to tell you about integrating and the challenges they faced.

• bohm
    bohm
    Screw the guns, I am scrambling for bacon in face of the Islamic invasion.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Some good points, JWDaughter.

I agree that there is a learning curve for any immigrant group. It makes sense for the UK to stress integration when immigrants arrive here. This isn't racist, just common sense. For instance, I'm white and culturally European but if I migrated to, say, Japan, I'd have to learn the lingo and fit in with Japanese customs.

In the UK, politicians are sometimes scared of stating the obvious, lest they appear racist. Some view multiculturalism almost as an ideology or religion. In reality, it's neither, it's a way of thinking that can be sorted out and improved but this doesn't seem to be allowed. A few years ago, David Blunkett (a Labour politician, so not right-wing) was taken to task for suggesting that migrants must learn English. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not sure why this has been an issue on and off - UK has freedom of worship, Muslims can go to mosque, Jews to synagogue, atheists can state they don't believe in religion, etc.

Multiculturalism done in an informal way helps different people get along but when it's relentlessly, zealously and unquestioningly pursued, it doesn't work well, neither does it sit well with integration.

Integration into the host culture is key.

• HB
    HB

Returning to the topic of the original post, apart from the long term political, moral and ethical considerations of migration, there are more immediate logistical problems to consider.

I spoke to a friend in Munich who is a nurse to ask if she could confirm the truth or otherwise of an article I read, which stated there is a serious strain on relations between migrants and health workers in Germany.
    My friend confirmed that the situation in her hospital and others she knows of is pretty bad but it is not getting reported in the German media.

Apparently, on arrival in Germany, a large number of migrants are going to clinics and hospitals for treatment but they refuse to be seen or treated by female staff. However there are not enough male staff to cope and tensions flare.

A fair number of migrants present with exotic diseases which European doctors are not trained to diagnose or treat. Others, particularly from Africa, have Aids, TB and syphilis. These problems are stretching the German health system to its limits.

In some areas, police are having to guard clinics, hospitals, and large pharmacies, because violence has been erupting when migrants are told they have to pay cash for prescriptions.

The threat of violence against staff is quite a major problem. A doctor and two nurses were seriously wounded in one of the top pediatric units in the country when, despite the best efforts of the medical team, a migrant child died. In another case a migrant threw a bag of syphilis infected urine in a nurse’s face.

It is easy to sensationalise these kind of incidents but the problem that causes tension and anger is that in both these cases, the media did not report the crime and the perpetrator was not arrested.

However the point is that in spite of this level of threat, my friend confirmed that at least in her hospital, the vast majority of health workers are not even remotely considering arming themselves, but are continuing to do their job in a professional manner in difficult circumstances.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Having a lot of family and friends in the medical profession, medical professionals are subjected to a lot of unspeakably yucky crap from patients and families.

I have been a patient subjected to things by other patients and once a medical professional that would and have made for interesting or gross party stories, but none made the news. Most doesn't unless it fulfills an agenda.

Years ago I worked in medical billing. Some get dangerously irate at getting bills for relatives that die in hospital. They don't make the news, just the gossip rounds at hospitals and billing centers.

Crises and overburdened systems add to normal drama. I don't envy the medical professionals or the scared and ill immigrants. What a nightmare.

• kaik
    kaik

Returning to the topic of the original post, apart from the long term political, moral and ethical considerations of migration, there are more immediate logistical problems to consider.

The main problem will be economic and social integration. European Union is broken. Economy never recovered to 2008 level. Almost all countries operates below the economic peak achieved prior recession. There is not only Greek economic collapse, but even fast growing economies are still underperforming. There is not enough jobs for educated Europeans, and now you deal with people from Yemen, Syria, Eritrea, who are 20% to 40% illiterate. Very a few will be able to integrate in European economy and will live off welfare until the welfare system collapses. Government cannot rise significant taxes without facing widespread opposition from its public.

Once refugees will realize that they will not get 2000 freebies monthly and they will live in poverty with the rest of Europeans, they will riot. Without significant improvement in economy, EU will cave in under this immigration invasion. This is already happening in Sweden and Germany where social nest, housing, welfare are already strained. Netherlands and Sweden already singled out Visegrad 4 for their internal economic problems.

So, the outcome of this multicultural social engineering will make every European poor. Democratic principles are already undermined by silencing opposition to immigration. We are witnessing disintegration of Schengen agreement. What will Europeans do when their find in their economies fragmented and localized, while living through 1970's income and choice of goods?

• prologos
    prologos

There is not enough jobs for educated Europeans, and now you deal with people from Yemen, Syria, Eritrea, who are 20% to 40% illiterate. Very a few will be able to integrate in European economy and will live off welfare until the welfare system collapses. Government cannot rise significant taxes without facing widespread opposition from its public

In Canada too, refugees receive way more benefits than locals, seniors, getting interminable free high priced legal help.

It would be cheaper for the Europeans to crank up the Airbus 380 production line, the unsalable plane that will carry 1000 people in a pinch, airlift the war victims out of harms way, rather than engineering to destroy their identity, their social contract, their finances through this uncontrolled invasion.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Set up a tent city outside of the cities. Feed them bread and water

Take in the refugees and pick out the men of fighting age.

Train them in military boot camps.

Return them to Syria fully armed.

As soon as the situation is stabilized the women, children and elderly can go back to their country.

The only problem I see with this scenario is with the translation of languages.

• prologos
    prologos
    Set up a tent city outside of the cities. Feed them bread and water . no, feed them well, hunger and cold are cruel.

The so-called " refugees" want to stay in the cities. In Sweden, The migrants refused to get off the busses that had transported them to vacation camps in the woods. Even vacation sites are not good enough for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit