Why dont you go to the memorial?

by atomant 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    l guess we all have our own reasons and thought it would give insight to others considering going to reconsider and not go.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I don't believe in God. I don't believe the Jesus of the Bible existed....at least not as recorded in the Bible. Even if I did, I wouldn't go because to pass the emblems(TM) and not partake is a rejection of the Christ. Nowhere in scripture does it say when or how often to partake(TM). The watchtower corporation has made up their own rules.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    i feel that i would be endorsing their teachings
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    I will spend the Memorial evening with punkofnice, celebrating our non-belief :-D
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Because i believe in Jesus, I will not support an organization that covers up & enables child molesters.
  • Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

We have done so much effort to accomplish a successful fade, we are really enjoying the freedoms, so I am not going to put myself on the radar of the elders again.

Further I already considered the memorial ceremony completely incorrect, even when I was still in. They ignore Jesus command to eat and drink, and the symbolic they use actually shows they refuse to partake, thereby excluding themselves from salvation. Further it is entirely used to promote a 2 class system and an earthly paradise, an idea that is not supported by anything that was taught in the Greek Scriptures.

And I don't want to give anyone of our family the slightest hope we will come back, we have finally convinced them that we will not return and have a happy life outside of the witnesses

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I don't go to memorial for the same reason I don't fast during ramadan. It's not my religion.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I have not attended in 3 years. This will be my spouses first year not attending. Does not want to be included in the head count. Hopefully, the numbers will drop significantly in 2016. If we can contribute in this Cults demise, it would be an honor.
  • fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Once the curtain has been pulled back, and you have seen the man controlling "The Great and Powerful Oz" (this is a reference to the wizard from The Wizard of Oz movie), you can no longer have the same awe and sense of wonder.

I could not view the memorial as having anything to do with really honoring Jesus. Instead, I would know of all the flip-flops in doctrine, the governing body member stating that "It would be presumptuous to state that we are the only ones that have God's approval," and the idiotic "overlapping generations" ploy to explain why the "new system" is not here yet.

To make the answer shorter, I could just say it would make me feel sick.

• kaik
    kaik
    Memorial for Jesus death in JW religion is a joke. Jesus did not say that only small pack of believers will partake. JWs if they do not belong to 144K do not have reason to celebrate Passover. They do not achieve salvation through Jesus sacrifice but through association with WT. As someone who does not believe in WT, I do not have reason to celebrate Jesus sacrifice with association with publishing house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit