Is God impressed?

by LevelThePlayingField 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

So a young baptized brother gets to run the microphones. So he eagerly runs up and down the isle passing the microphone. He's so happy because "he's being used by Jehovah". But is God at all impressed? Does he now esteem him more than yesterday when he didn't run the mics?

Or a brother/sister turns in their application to pioneer. Now, because of the amount of time spent in the preaching work, is God impressed? Is that person somehow better off? What do you think? What does your gut tell you. If that person said, no, I won't turn in a app to pioneer, instead, I'll just do whatever I can do and leave it alone at that. So now is God still happy? Is he more or less happy.

Do you get where I am going with this? To be real, to be really real before God a person must realize that no show of effort can be viewed in front of others as anything, yet, that's what the whole Jehovah's Witness world is about.

Now, many of you on this panel already know of all of this. You have been schooled by the best of the best from life and the world of JW's for a long time. But for the lurker, someone who is a Jehovah's Witness and just curious, well, hello my friend, and have you ever really thought of things like this?

So, if you run mics, why do you do so? What's your real motivation? Put is this way, if the Governing Body (GB) said next week that no longer are we to turn in our time, "it's no longer a thing to be reported" Would you be relieved? How many of your brothers and sisters actually like the thought of having to turn in time? So the GB said, it's no longer important. From now on just do your best as the scriptures say, we no longer keep track. How would that affect you? Now would you feel pressure to "do more"?

See, if you break it down to the simple things in life, then you will quickly see that what you are "chasing after" is the wind. Yes I said the wind. So why not explore this web site more? See what the Watchtower is hiding from you. They tell you not to research anything outside of the truth, right. Why? What are they afraid of?

Anyhow, the next time you turn in your time or run the mics, just remember, is God really impressed by that?

• schnell
    schnell

Is God more impressed by announced Regular Pioneers than he is by someone who reports as much time without the need for a title?

Indeed, what if they dropped the titles and time reporting? If the GB dropped those things, is it as if Jehovah dropped them? Why?

Is Jehovah more impressed with credulity than critical thinking?

• steve2
    steve2

Don't know if God's impressed, but the loyal brothers and sisters are. This is like the churches of Christendom: A place of showy appearances - how you look on the outside counts for more than who you are on the inside.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It's all about outward appearances in the society!

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

No God is not impressed...the hours...full time pioneer, public witnessing, JW.org, and so on....these tools are only to validate us...God don't need no hours, or for you to carry a microphone....all these activities are to keep us busy and to be seen. Isn't there a scripture where it says Jehovah can use the rocks to tell of the good news...

Some folks can be a part of a congregation and just be Joe Blow Or Josephine Blow. Many witnesses would like to just be that & like myself , I do what I can when I can....I have no desire to pioneer, to add more burden to my schedule than I already have no need to hear my name from the platform for pioneering....many witnesses need approval of man, and we all know how long that last. This religion is good for folks who need to stay structured and busy, they are running away from themselves...

I've noticed many come on this site and may be studying and want to know what to expect. Many times I just want to say, if you can be a witness without validation, you will be ok in the org. If you need constant approval and attention, you won't last because the attention and approval doesn't last forever.

Witnesses have a laundry list of what they think will get them God's approval, walking around looking depressed, broke, sickly anything that's negative they think they are making points with God....When life becomes a little uncomfortable for a witness & that could be anything...standing on line for more than 5 minutes, they will look up in the sky and say, No wonder Jehovah wants to get rid of this system...like they and Jehovah are on the same page....gimme a break....

Is Jehovah impressed with us...I don't think so, isn't he going to destroy humans 2 more times....Some how he can't rid humans of sin, he tried to wash it away in the flood (didn't work), now he's supposed to burn sin away, then wait another 100 years and try to rid sin again.... I wonder if Jehovah is thinking how can I create humans with free will but that they won't sin....ummm....free will and sin...well maybe if I get rid of the Devil...that just might be the ticket, get rid of bad, then humans won't be tempted to do bad....well anyway, that's my take on how I feel God feels...

A short story, regarding Is God impressed, I am a witness, but not a kool-aide drinking witness. I was talking to a sister one day and we were talking about flowers...and how she loves them but hates artificial flowers and hates when people have artificial flowers and plants in their garden or backyard. She says it's an insult to Jehovah, I said really, if you feel that way, why don't you volunteer to help plant flowers for them. You don't know why they have artificial flowers, maybe they are disabled, or allergic, whatever. Then I said it...I had to say it...I asked do you think you just impressed God by saying that....(not one sound)....many witnesses say and do thinks because they think God is like humans...God doesn't do anything for nothing...

Tor

• Landy
    Landy

I am a witness, but not a kool-aide drinking witness.

Is that not an oxymoron?

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Nope, it just means, I know the TTATT, & constantly thinking of ways to fade...to me it doesn't matter what place of worship you go, you are never going to agree with everything...MAN says...As many have pointed out on this site, many are JW's for many different reasons, me, I just kind of fell into it....you know what they say don't look into the hole too long, you just may fall into it. What I've found out is that the truth is not a doctrine or a place of worship the truth is in us...so I guess you are correct, you can't be a thinking witness and stay, but I think so because many on this site at one time or another stop being kool-aide drinking witnesses, couldn't leave right away so they to like many others are now oxymoron's until we can escape, like so many on this board where lucky to do.

Tor

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Anyhow, the next time you turn in your time or run the mics, just remember, is God really impressed by that?

Not to mention that why do we need to impress "god" in the first place? Isn't their Jehovah able to read people's hearts and know what people feel for him? And if so, how's doing those stupid chores a sign of devotion.

In fact, one of the perverts from the congregation I grew up (molested his three daughters, came on to every other thing that wears a skirt, cheated on his wife with an 80 year old woman, and at 70 divorced and married a 15 year old) was quite active and volunteered in everything he could. I wonder if their Jehovah was as impressed.

Is that not an oxymoron?

It is, but it's also part of the typical denial due to the indoctrination. In fact, I find this attitude to be the most damaging poison in every cult. The people who enable all the damage they create and are ok with it because "not all JWs are like that". That is the real cancer in that organization.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

WASTE YOUR LIFE DOING MEANINGLESS TASKS.

DON'T GET AN EDUCATION.

DON'T GIVE TO CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS

DON'T FRATERNIZE WITH WORLDLY PERSONS

BELIEVE ONLY WHAT WE TELL YOU TO BELIEVE

GIVE FREELY TO ALL APPOINTEES TO THE CONGO. OF TIME ,MONEY GROCERIES

DONATE GENEROUSLY INTO THE COLLECTION BOXES

DON'T GET MARRIED

DON'T HAVE CHILDREN

RAT ON ALL WHO DO NOT OBEY ...

LIVE IN MISERY TILL DEATH DO YU PART

ASPIRE AFTER USELESS POSITIONS WITHIN THE ORG.

KISS ASS TO GET THOSE POSITIONS

DON'T RAT ON PEDOPHILES IN THE CONGO.

DON'T QUESTION WHAT YOY ARE TOLD TO BELIEVE

DO NOT THINK...THINKING IS THE GREATEST SIN!!!!

IF YU DO THESE THINGS YU WILL ATTAIN TO EVERLASTING LIFE. AFTER ARMSTICE. AFTER ARMAGEDDON.

AFTER ATTTAINING TO THE LEVEL OF A MORON!!!

• anointed1
    anointed1

If we go by the principle behind what Jesus says in Mathew 6:2 ("So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full") God is unlikely to be impressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit