Am I right in thinking that the most zealous JW make the most zealous apostates.

by Chook 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Just a thought

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Not necessarily, I wasn't very zealous but I few years ago decided to become more spiritual and doing more studying which led to me waking up. If it weren't for my family still being in I would be very zealous apostate. I think it all depends how much someone hates being lied to!

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I think thats logical because if you are passionate when you believe then you will be passionate when you find out you are being lied to

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Yes, I agree that the most zealous Witness makes for the most zealous apostate. That’s because their character is that of a zealous person no matter what he believes. I’m one of them though it’s been a while since I’ve zealously opposed them.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think the correlation you are suggesting is weak and may apply to only a small minority. But I may be wrong because I never really looked into it in any depth merely thought experiments.

One coming out of the JW who was once very zealous maybe from suffering burnout does an internet search and learns TTATT. Depending on how well he recovers from lack of energy and drive,,he may simply because of all that he has invested into the truth wish to just forget the whole thing as and move on with his life.

Or they may feel a deep desire for exposing them as much as possible so they go bankrupt and make that their new #1 priority in life.

It's a toss up like heads or tails to me with perhaps many other catagories beside just 2.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I agree, though I am a very proud apostate and very loud and out there about it, and I don't think that i was very zealous as a JW.

I guess there are some of the born in who have a slightly different experience since we didn't choose to become JWs. So I think that there may be exceptions coming from those who are born in.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Maybe some were weak as active Witnesses because they didn't fully accept all of it. It's hard to get behind something when you sense problems with it, even if you can't fully explain them.

Then, when they fully woke up, they became zealous against it because they can fully see the trickery Watchtower uses and are happy to explain it to others.

Am I right in thinking that the most zealous JW make the most zealous apostates?

I think it's a general rule with plenty of room for exceptions.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I wasn't the most zealous witness. In fact, I could not ever preach more than 6 hours a month and never for more than 4 straight months without a gap in there. Never had a bible study, never prayed before meals, never prepared for meetings. Yet, I felt like crap anytime someone tried to show how "weak" I was. I kept beating myself over. When I woke up to the lie, I was outraged. This made me a more zealous apostate than I was a witness.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I suppose psychologically speaking, this could fall into the OCD category. Therefore concluding, we may all have an addictive personality to one extent or another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit