Apostacy the same as blasphemy?

by QuestioningEverything 6 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

When i was growing up, the worst thing a JW could do was be 'blasphemous against the holy spirit'. That was certain to be instant death in the eyes of the WT.

Now, as i understand it, apostacy is the worst thing you can do. Interesting change.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

They aren't the same thing but they are very close to each other. Typically something said that is apostatic, is also blasphemous.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

So what do you call a person who became an apostolic against an apostolic religion?

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

In the JW world, the 2 terms really go hand in hand. To be an apostate, in their eyes, is the worst kind of blasphemy,

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I just looked at my comment, and realized auto check messed up what I was trying to say. I meant to say,

So what do you call a person who became an apostate against an apostate religion?

• Fernando
    Fernando

If the Watchtower correctly defined and explained apostasy and blasphemy they would be guilty of both.

Apostasy: spiritual unfaithfulness

Blasphemy: ascribing the Holy Spirit's work and testimony to the forces of darkness

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Weirdo cults like the JWs, thrive on making things evil and micro managing the mind controlled sheeple. Hence, it doesn't matter if it's blasphemy, apostacy or tight trousers, it's all gehenna bound punishment stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, it's all poppycock.

If I did believe in gods, I'd say that apostacy is great for the god you've apostasized to. (Tongue in cheek, btw).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit