70s clothes

by Gadget 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm going to my brothers birthday party in September, and the dress code is the 70s. I'm a bit stuck on where the best place to get hold of 70s clothes, and what sort of things do you recomend? I fancy wearing a pair of platforms as I'm not too tall, but how easy are they to walk in after a few drinks? Any advice appreciated!

Gadget

• unique1
    unique1

Good Will or the Salvation Army. I got my husband a three piece tan courderoy bellbottom set there for $10. Then I went to a costume shop and rented him a boa and Pimp hat. It was classic.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Just nip to your old hall and ask one of the brothers if they'll lend you some clothes to go in....thats all they wear.

• unique1
  • cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Look around your town for antique clothing stores. Anything polyester, with earth-tone stripes, will work just fine. Ewww, that was one ugly decade!

Nina

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

Try Ebay. I got a couple of EXCELLENT retro dresses that even Farah Fawcett would be proud of--and at a bargain price!

Q

• rockon
    rockon

I agree with Nina.....whew ugly. My daughter gets some funky things at good will. Probably anything ugly would do. If I remember there were checks paired with flowers. Just mismatch something in you closet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit