Digging for Spiritual Gems

by George One Time 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• George One Time
    George One Time

Week starting December 26, 2016

(Isaiah 17:1) 17 The pronouncement against Damascus: “Look! Damascus removed from being a city, and she has become a heap, a decaying ruin.

(Isaiah 19:5-10) 5 And the water will certainly be dried up from the sea, and the river itself will become parched and actually run dry. 6 And the rivers must stink; the Nile canals of Egypt must become low and parched. The reed and the rush themselves must molder. 7 The bare places by the Nile River, at the mouth of the Nile River, and every seedland of the Nile River will dry up. It will certainly be driven away, and it will be no more. 8 And the fishers will have to mourn, and all those casting fishhooks into the Nile River must express sorrow, and even those spreading fishing nets upon the surface of the water will actually fade away. 9 And the workers in carded flax must become ashamed; also the loom workers on white fabrics. 10 And her weavers must become crushed, all the wage workers grieved in soul.

What a wonderful prophecies to mention during our field ministry! (I use these to preach to my believing wife)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The biggest turn off about pretty much every religion I know is the constant catastrophic view of everything. According to most religions, the world is never worth saving, people are bad and deserve to die, and even those living obediently are living out of mercy not because they deserve it, "god's" vengeance is always about destroying, killing or humiliating something or someone, and the hideous list of negativity goes on.

Disgusting.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Yeah like killing boys for mocking a man with no hair..But not in any old way...No, God needed to use a bear to rip the boys limn by limn!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Incidentally, does anyone remember a WT book called 'Gems from the Mine'? I used to have a reprint of it. It was an early version of the WT Index, I believe, dating to about 1909 or so.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Yeah like killing boys for mocking a man with no hair..But not in any old way...No, God needed to use a bear to rip the boys limn by limn!

Our god is a loving god:)

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Wow, a pronouncement that a city in the middle east is going to be destroyed at some point in its existance. No one saw that coming.

Modern day Damascus

• George One Time
    George One Time

However, you cannot say that Damascus has been removed from being a city.

And the river of Egypt has never run dry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit